Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I think Boullion will be taking a back seat if Murray is healthy (and Parros isn't) for the leaf game. I think the Markov-Diaz pairing will be the D equivalent to the Desharnais line. They should be sheltered, giving the best offensive minutes. Gorges-Subban take the majority of the work, and give Murray-Tinordi some shutdown minutes against the opposition's depth scorers.

Yea I can see that happening. Personally I'd rather see Tinordi-Bouillon, considering Bouillon is much more offensively-oriented and Tinordi can focus on his game, which is being solid defensively. Bouillon also played much more in the pre-season and wasn't sidelined with a minor injury. He's also been the guy paired with all the rookies last season, so they would have better chemistry than pairing him with a new guy like Murray.

Just my opinion though, because I think Murray-Tinordi would also be an absolute rock defensively and they could build extremely good chemistry for all I know!

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Maybe a trade is indeed coming.

We haven't sign Murray for pressbox time.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Subban
Markov
Gorges
Tinordi
Murray
Diaz
Bouillon
Drewiske
Emelin (IR)

8 healthy dman and one on IR for the first game.

Pacioretty - DD - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Bournival - Parros - Moen

5 players on the 4th line.

I think a trade is pending if they really wants to keep Bournival and Tinordi.

DD44 will also be on the IR so were at 23 man roster with him and Emelin on the IR, so nothing needs to be done now.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Subban
Markov
Gorges
Tinordi
Murray
Diaz
Bouillon
Drewiske
Emelin (IR)

Pacioretty - DD - Briere

Drewiske is out for 6 weeks. 7 healthy Ds, which is normal, and 14 healthy forwards. Hmmm..

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yea I can see that happening. Personally I'd rather see Tinordi-Bouillon, considering Bouillon is much more offensively-oriented and Tinordi can focus on his game, which is being solid defensively. Bouillon also played much more in the pre-season and wasn't sidelined with a minor injury. He's also been the guy paired with all the rookies last season, so they would have better chemistry than pairing him with a new guy like Murray.

Just my opinion though, because I think Murray-Tinordi would also be an absolute rock defensively and they could build extremely good chemistry for all I know!

Honestly think Bouillon is done being anything more than a pressbox sitter or in-a-pinch sub for a game here and there...I'd much rather a healthy Murray over Cube.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Subban
Markov
Gorges
Tinordi
Murray
Diaz
Bouillon
Drewiske
Emelin (IR)

Pacioretty - DD - Briere

When Emelin gets back, it's really going to be a cluster**** on defense. I'm all for depth, but sitting NHL players like Bouillon, Murray, Diaz or Tinordi to make room for Emelin can not be a good thing. Then we also have Drewiske who we signed as a seventh defenseman, but he looks to be the 9th on the depth chart.

Same thing for when Parros is healthy, if the team intends to place him in the lineup. Who of Moen, White, Bournival, and Prust sits? All have a rightful claim to a roster spot, with Prust pretty much being a guarantee.

This is going to get very tricky. I can't help but think the Habs are going to need to make some space.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Yeah you have a point, Boullion would actually really benefit from such a big partner. Either way the depth is always great. I'm sure we'll be even more hard-pressed for a plan when Emelin returns. Diaz will likely keep his spot, and If Tinordi plays well, both Boullion and murray could sit (doubt it though)

Also I just wanted to post this:

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Therrien better not waste Bournival on the 4th line and Tinordi on the 3rd pairing with Bouillon.

Uhhh that's precisely what he IS going to do.

What do you expect Bournival to centre Pacioretty and Briere and Tinordi to QB the PP?

We'll put Plekanec on the 4th line and Markov in the press box.

Get real.

Baby steps.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Nice! I told my buddy tonight during the game that Bournival looked like an NHLer. That kid can fly. No brainer for Tinordi imo.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Uhhh that's precisely what he IS going to do.

What do you expect Bournival to centre Pacioretty and Briere and Tinordi to QB the PP?

We'll put Plekanec on the 4th line and Markov in the press box.

Get real.

Baby steps.

Yes, that's exactly what I expect.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
When Emelin gets back, it's really going to be a cluster**** on defense. I'm all for depth, but sitting NHL players like Bouillon, Murray, Diaz or Tinordi to make room for Emelin can not be a good thing. Then we also have Drewiske who we signed as a seventh defenseman, but he looks to be the 9th on the depth chart.

Same thing for when Parros is healthy, if the team intends to place him in the lineup. Who of Moen, White, Bournival, and Prust sits? All have a rightful claim to a roster spot, with Prust pretty much being a guarantee.

This is going to get very tricky. I can't help but think the Habs are going to need to make some space.

I honestly see 44DD and Cube hitting waivers once Emelin is healthy and Murray dropping to our 7th Dman

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't see why so many people are hankering for trades and whatnot. The modern NHL is a war of attrition. By the time Drewiske and then Emelin get healthy others will be out. We'll need 9 guys and more on D this season. Guys will get hurt up front too. The top performers in Hamilton will get some cameos. Bournival may stick a while, or just until next week, who knows.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I honestly see 44DD and Cube hitting waivers once Emelin is healthy and Murray dropping to our 7th Dman

Possibly but I think Bill Gardien is spot on....

I don't see why so many people are hankering for trades and whatnot. The modern NHL is a war of attrition. By the time Drewiske and then Emelin get healthy others will be out. We'll need 9 guys and more on D this season. Guys will get hurt up front too. The top performers in Hamilton will get some cameos. Bournival may stick a while, or just until next week, who knows.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If Tinner was ready, I'd absolutely luv to see him with Subbie, but I don't think he's quite there yet...really hope he proves me wrong, cuz:

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Markov
Murray - Diaz

...would suit me just fine 'til Emelin is ready to roll. ;)

Tinordi does not yet have the experience or skill to new be top pairing. He needs to be 3rd pairing and special teams. Putting him with Subban will only diminish PK's ability to freelance.

Bad idea.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Honestly think Bouillon is done being anything more than a pressbox sitter or in-a-pinch sub for a game here and there...I'd much rather a healthy Murray over Cube.

Bouilon isn't so bad. He was outstanding for the first half of last season but really struggled in the latter half. I'd rather have him paired up with the likes of Tinordi.

Yeah you have a point, Boullion would actually really benefit from such a big partner. Either way the depth is always great. I'm sure we'll be even more hard-pressed for a plan when Emelin returns. Diaz will likely keep his spot, and If Tinordi plays well, both Boullion and murray could sit (doubt it though)

Yea, Tinordi's size could certainly benefit Bouillon's game. Depth certainly is great, but once Drewiske and Emelin are back, that could possibly be three defensemen in the press box! Definitely will get complicated.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
What do you guys think will be the starting lineup?

I'm thinking something like this:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Bournival-White or Moen-White-Prust

On defense, it gets trickier:

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Murray
Diaz-Bouillon

or

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Diaz
Murray-Tinordi

I honestly don't see Therrien scratching Diaz or Bouillon for Tinordi, it doesn't seem like his style. But I certainly think Tinordi has earned his spot on the roster. I'm really curious to see how they will fit Tinordi and Bournival into the lineup, if they even do.

His style can give way to his learning curve. If Tinordi keeps progressing Therrien would be foolish to exile him to the media gallery (or Bergevin to Hamilton). The competition for Bournival may be tougher, but then again, who expected him to play so well?

Mynameismark*

I could get behind a 4th line of

Parros-Bournival-Prust

for opening night vs the laffs

Why should White lose his spot on the 4th line for a guy that doesnt fit on that kind of line?

I thought this team wanted to be tougher. Dont bench your tough guys for more of the same soft types on our 4th lines.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Maybe I'm reading way too much into it but Therrien was being really cryptic when answering questions about the opening day lineup. He kept saying "we're only Thursday, many things can happen before Tuesday". He also pretty much confirmed that Parros will be in the lineup. Weird.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
DD44 will also be on the IR so were at 23 man roster with him and Emelin on the IR, so nothing needs to be done now.

Is that confirmed? Because if DD 44 if not on IR, then Habs are one player over the limit. Either DD44 or I would say White would have to be moved before Tuesday.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Maybe I'm reading way too much into it but Therrien was being really cryptic when answering questions about the opening day lineup. He kept saying "we're only Thursday, many things can happen before Tuesday". He also pretty much confirmed that Parros will be in the lineup. Weird.
Thought of the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad