Tinordi and Bournival make the Habs!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What do you guys think will be the starting lineup?

I'm thinking something like this:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Bournival-White or Moen-White-Prust

On defense, it gets trickier:

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Murray
Diaz-Bouillon

or

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Murray
Tinordi-Diaz

I honestly don't see Therrien scratching Diaz or Bouillon for Tinordi, it doesn't seem like his style. But I certainly think Tinordi has earned his spot on the roster. I'm really curious to see how they will fit Tinordi and Bournival into the lineup, if they even do.

Neither Markov or Murray are worth a damn on the right side (nor would I put them together), so I would say that Tinordi's either going to be on the right side with Murray/Bouillon (hopefully Murray) on the 3rd pair and Markov/Diaz on the 2nd pair or the right side with Markov on the 2nd pair and Diaz with Murray/Bouillon on the 3rd pair../at least for now.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Might be too slow. I think we'll have to endure Diaz with Markov. :(

You're probably right. I just find Markov-Diaz is too mediocre in our own end. I like the idea of Markov and Murray, one offensive guy and one defensive guy. Especially considering how much quicker Markov looks this year.

If Murray is on the third pairing, is he going to be paired with Bouillon or Tinordi? It just seems like there's no fit for Tinordi on this team yet, because I know Therrien would rather stick with the veteran.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Well deserved.
Bournival has surpassed Dumont. I hope Dumont won't be claimed.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Defence needs to be:

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Bouillon

Ideally I'd love that, but don't think Tinordi can handle minutes vs top line players with Subban right now.

But hopefully by mid season he would, I'd also have Beaulieu up near the end of the year and have Murray and Bouillon split time with him on the 3rd pair

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Don't think Bournival is going to see much action, unless a move is made, or someone else gets hurt, I think he'll be sent down when Parros is ready to play. well have Bournival,White,Moen, Prust, Parros, for the 4th line.

Tinordi is a tough one, I'm guess he slots in on the 3rd pair with Bouillon, but what happens with Murray who said he is ready and able to play game 1. Sit Bouillon? But not much mobility with a Murray Tinordi pairing, unless you put Tinordi with Markov and Daiz with Murray while sitting bouillon.

Tinordi is very mobile, moreso than just "for a guy his size". I think Murray-Tinordi would be great as a 3rd pair.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Neither Markov or Murray are worth a damn on the right side (nor would I put them together), so I would say that Tinordi's either going to be on the right side with Murray/Bouillon (hopefully Murray) on the 3rd pair and Markov/Diaz on the 2nd pair or the right side with Markov on the 2nd pair and Diaz with Murray/Bouillon on the 3rd pair../at least for now.

I highly doubt we will slot Tinordi into the second line. Markov will be paired with either Diaz or Murray, and I think it's looking like Murray.

The third pairing is tricky. Tinordi-Bouillon, Murray-Bouillon, Murray-Tinordi? All are possible. I think they might just sit Murray for the first game and play Tinordi-Bouillon on the third pairing.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Defence needs to be:

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Bouillon

If Tinner was ready, I'd absolutely luv to see him with Subbie, but I don't think he's quite there yet...really hope he proves me wrong, cuz:

Subban - Tinordi
Gorges - Markov
Murray - Diaz

...would suit me just fine 'til Emelin is ready to roll. ;)

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Markov-Diaz is a very bad non-physical match. Having two guys playing the puck in front of the net like tonight forces the forwards to collapse even more.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
MT hinted that Parros looks good for game 1, good to be fully healthy for game 1, expect for DD44 but he is a pressbox guy anyways.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Defence needs to be:

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Bouillon

Tinordi isn't ready for second pairing minutes in the NHL. They need to ease him into it, and give him third pairing minutes with a veteran like Bouillon or Murray. I'm leaning towards Bouillon because I think they'd have more chemistry together and he has been paired with our young guys before.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
You're probably right. I just find Markov-Diaz is too mediocre in our own end. I like the idea of Markov and Murray, one offensive guy and one defensive guy. Especially considering how much quicker Markov looks this year.

If Murray is on the third pairing, is he going to be paired with Bouillon or Tinordi? It just seems like there's no fit for Tinordi on this team yet, because I know Therrien would rather stick with the veteran.

I think Boullion will be taking a back seat if Murray is healthy (and Parros isn't) for the leaf game. I think the Markov-Diaz pairing will be the D equivalent to the Desharnais line. They should be sheltered, giving the best offensive minutes. Gorges-Subban take the majority of the work, and give Murray-Tinordi some shutdown minutes against the opposition's depth scorers.

Belso

Aug 15, 2005
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 6m
Therrien also says Bournival has made the opening day roster

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
Therrien also says Tinordi has also made the team, will open the season on 23-man roster

Good call! I voted yes to both polls to have them make the team. They earned it. :handclap:

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
So how many games until the fanbase turns on them?

It'll take about a full season. Fans (myself included) are more willing to put up with a player's growing pains in their rookie season and on a rookie contract. Fans are distracted with their Moen-moaning at the moment anyways.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Subban
Markov
Gorges
Tinordi
Murray
Diaz
Bouillon
Drewiske
Emelin (IR)

8 healthy dman and one on IR for the first game.

Pacioretty - DD - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Bournival - Parros - Moen

5 players on the 4th line.

I think a trade is pending if they really wants to keep Bournival and Tinordi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->