Tinner's Old Timey Flashback - Geoff Courtnall

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Looking back on these old Caps teams really reminds me of just how much I disliked Abe Pollin. His philanthropic accomplishments were, frankly, overstated. From a sports perspective he was your run of the mill cheap owner. Stevens was just one of many examples.

OldHat

Jul 15, 2013
Under A Mountain
I used to get the feeds on my old dish. Before center ice, I could get most games through feeds and was always looking for this. A lot of memories.

Me too! It was always a race to find where the direct feed for the game was. Pretty funny sometimes listening during commercial breaks. The thing I really remember was Koken checking himself out, looking over to an off-camera monitor I guess - fixing his hair and checking out his smile before they went back on air. What a doosh.

Awesome poster guys - Dino was my favorite back then - still have my authentic home white #22. I guess the Caps found out why they traded for Moog... I was at game 3 of that series.:shakehead

OldHat

Jul 15, 2013
Under A Mountain
Looking back on these old Caps teams really reminds me of just how much I disliked Abe Pollin. His philanthropic accomplishments were, frankly, overstated. From a sports perspective he was your run of the mill cheap owner. Stevens was just one of many examples.

And the day he let Stevens walk = worst day in franchise history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad