Celebrity Death: Tina Turner

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Iconic artist.

She lived a good life from all I know. We should all be so lucky to have made such a positive influence in the world during our life.

She didn’t live a good life, that’s the sad part:

Looking back, Tina reflects: “It wasn’t a good life. The good did not balance the bad.

“I had an abusive life, there’s no other way to tell the story. It’s a reality. It’s a truth. That’s what you’ve got, so you have to accept it.

She also fought cancer, a stroke and had a kidney issue.

She basically said she was tired of being the face of domestic abuse and the PTSD of her past abuse had worn her down.

She was tired and said she just wanted to go away and be left alone.

I have so much admiration for her and she did her best to find a little peace for herself.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm too young to remember Tina on her prime, but I do remember I don't wanna Fight being a big hit when i was about 5. My parents loved that song, and honestly its one of the more underrated 90s songs.

RIP

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm too young to remember Tina on her prime, but I do remember I don't wanna Fight being a big hit when i was about 5. My parents loved that song, and honestly its one of the more underrated 90s songs.

RIP
Her last worldwide hit before retirement.

This was a smaller hit in some countries:

This is how a queen or diva makes a proper entrance:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Now that's a true "superstar" death. Wow! The big names of the past are slowly disappearing from our midst.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
She made a lot of headlines when she renounced her american citizenship and took Swiss passport,even learned German when they bought their lakeside property. You can't really see it from the road but from the water it's very nice.They put a live cam at the gate entrance for the time being

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I saw the Ike & Tina Turner Revue at a 3-day rock festival in the '70s near Kamloops when I was a just a kid. Probably hadn't even hit my teens yet. This was obviously before Tina's solo success in the 80s. What a show they put on. Just total high energy.

It was a terrible venue - in the heat of the summer up in the interior in some dust bowl that I think was on some guy's farm. Biker clubs all over the place and I almost got in a fight with one biker that smelled like he'd been pissed and shit on by the rest of his gang and who wanted my T-shirt that had a Mountie riding a beaver on it. Ike & Tina were the headliners, with Redbone and the Hans Stamer Band also on the bill as well as many other bands I don't recall. The best acts in my opinion were Ike & Tina and Hans. The highest energy was definitely Ike & Tina.

Rest in peace, Tina.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheelhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce