Timothy "Lillypad" Liljegren Discussion || UPD 1/14/2020 -- Recalled by the Leafs and returned

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Tonight alone there at the minimum 5 instances where Marincin was a grenade. I don't even care if it's Lilj, go get a new Dman if you need to, this guy is horrible!
That centering pass gave me a heart attack, this guys been absolute garbage since his days with Edmonton. How he has a job is beyond me.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He's miles ahead of Marincin. This better not be another one of those probable Dubas vs. Babcock roster battles.

He's not miles ahead of anyone. You could argue marginally.

I don't understand why so many posters are so emotionally invested in what he becomes. He's a decent prospect right now, no more no less. Saying otherwise over and over again won't make it true.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That centering pass gave me a heart attack, this guys been absolute garbage since his days with Edmonton. How he has a job is beyond me.

The thing is... That was against an AHL team. You and I know what this turns into down the line, we won't be able to watch the game when he is on the ice because we are too busy going cross-eyed.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He's not miles ahead of anyone. You could argue marginally.

I don't understand why so many posters are so emotionally invested in what he becomes. He's a decent prospect right now, no more no less. Saying otherwise over and over again won't make it true.

We are playing Marincin here, I don't think I would have him in the top 4 of an AHL team. Forget about Lilj for a second and think about, ok look think about Errors in baseball, you know you get charged with 2 of those in a game and you're trash. This guy commits 4-5-6+++ errors a night. He isn't an NHL player at all, 202 games in 8 years! Lilj has a very consistent game and he does not make mistakes, that's all I want from my 3rd pairing, don't you?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
We are playing Marincin here, I don't think I would have him in the top 4 of an AHL team. Forget about Lilj for a second and think about, ok look think about Errors in baseball, you know you get charged with 2 of those in a game and you're trash. This guy commits 4-5-6+++ errors a night. He isn't an NHL player at all, 202 games in 8 years! Lilj has a very consistent game and he does not make mistakes, that's all I want from my 3rd pairing, don't you?

Betrays your motivation. Marincin is objectively one of the better defensemen in the AHL. His problem has always been in between the ears with his confidence. He tends to make a mistake and then crumple. Given that, and given his good showing in camp, I'm not going to pull my hair out about him at this point. Dermott is going to knock him out of the lineup in a month anyways.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Betrays your motivation. Marincin is objectively one of the better defensemen in the AHL. His problem has always been in between the ears with his confidence. He tends to make a mistake and then crumple. Given that, and given his good showing in camp, I'm not going to pull my hair out about him at this point. Dermott is going to knock him out of the lineup in a month anyways.

Either way. I would be more comfortable with other options rather than Mari. I dislike Dermott on the right side, he wasn't good there last season and I doubt he will be this season. Not sure what to do about that because I truly believe we are stunting Dermott on RW.

Some guys can play the other side, some can't. Maybe they will have to make a move or two down the road.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Why is Marincin on the team but Liljegren is on the marlies ? Marincin might be the worst defence man we've had since lolda.
Marincin wasn't that bad honestly, plus it doesn't make sense to play Lilly right now.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
I honestly don't think 'Lillypad' will stick with the team, I just don't think he is ready.. I think he will be sent down to the Marlies when others are healthy.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON

Most likely, but he has shown to be better then previous years 'thus far'

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Tonight alone there at the minimum 5 instances where Marincin was a grenade. I don't even care if it's Lilj, go get a new Dman if you need to, this guy is horrible!

Lol bro youre trying to distract from your thread thinking Lilly made the team.

Marincin was okay. Thats what he is. Hes also miles ahead of Lil.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I thought Cody Cici was far more frightening than Marincin tonight.
Just awful....

I can kind of see the logic though, that they wouldn't want Lillypad and Sandin being two rookies on the third pair, and they wouldn't want either one to play the top pair along side Rielly ... so Lilly is just not going to play NHL games right now, even if he were ready enough, given that Sandin is more ready enough.

Just hopefully when Dermott comes back, Mike's Babcock isn't so tiny that he just has to keep both Marincin and Cici in the lineup.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I thought Cody Cici was far more frightening than Marincin tonight.
Just awful....

I can kind of see the logic though, that they wouldn't want Lillypad and Sandin being two rookies on the third pair, and they wouldn't want either one to play the top pair along side Rielly ... so Lilly is just not going to play NHL games right now, even if he were ready enough, given that Sandin is more ready enough.

Just hopefully when Dermott comes back, Mike's Babcock isn't so tiny that he just has to keep both Marincin and Cici in the lineup.

Naw we’ve never seen Babcock force Marincin into the lineup. I’m assuming he’ll come out quickly, especially after tonight’s showing :(

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

That pass up the middle in the 1st period right to Demelo for a clear cut break was by Muzzin, unless there was another play I missed?

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Do the Leafs get cap savings by bouncing this guy back between the Marlies? We've done this in years past with Kapanen and other waiver-exempt tweeners, but I'm not sure if we still get the cap savings this time around due to our use of LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad