Prospect Info: Timothy Liljegren

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He didn't make the team, I read an article that said Sandin moved into the stall beside Ceci whereas Lily's is still in a different room down the hall (where Sandin's used to be before yesterday).

Based on the TOI lily got in the pre-season it didn’t seem like he will be making the team.

I wonder why they have kept him up still?

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
so it looks like he made the team?? Fantastic.

No way Dubas will let him sit, so we're probably gonna see some sort of rotation to start between him, Sandin and Marincin?

No. Did you watch preseason. Lilly legit sucks.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Don’t think LTIR would give max benefit once Lily is sent down as it will subtract Lily’s cap hit from the allowance

What is going on here is that the Leafs' need to be as close to the cap as possible before moving their players like Clarkson from IR to LTIR. I had gone over the possibilities a couple days ago and it was difficult to get really close to cap without Liljegren being among the roster. That is what the Leafs' have done in order to get to within $10,800 of the cap (according to cap friendly) which is quite the feat, and that means that once they have LTIRed they will be able to carry a roster of up to 81.5M - 10.8K (or just short of 81.49M). Without Liljegren on the roster when they LTIR players they might have only managed to get to within say (some have posted) around 120K of the cap and then after LTIRing only been able to carry a roster of up to 81.38M). Once that's done (tomorrow at 5pm) it's fixed and when they send him down that will open up space.

If they were to send down Liljegren after 5pm tomorrow and brought up Gravel that would leave them an additional 163K in space which they could use either bring up a more expensive forward (like perhaps Petan - while sending down a cheaper one of course) and/or get a goalie off waivers or through a trade that costs a little more than Hutch's 700K.

It also, most importantly, gives them more cap space when Dermott and Hyman are back - although things are still going to be ridiculously tight.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
While, I would love for him to be further along, and to have progressed like Sandin, I just hope he can have a healthy season and be used like a true #1 on the Marlies. Coming up he had great offensive tools, so I would hope increases offensive opportunity down there will help him gain more confidence. I believe the lack of continued health over 3 years has hurt his ability to consistently develop. Maybe he’ll be a miss, but I hope he can still turn into a legit top 4 RHD as that is a long term need for us.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Not true. Sandin was a stud from day 1. But he has some issues with his straight line speed.

Lily has issues with his core and balance on the ice which is why he is on his butt a lot. Lily also needs to work on his offensive game. But the tools are there and I think he will develop much more.

The only time I thought Lily was the better player was 3rd round playoff series last year. and I saw every game.
The third round is when they obviously played the best team in the AHL last year. This is the most important series to judge players by. I understand Liljegren played much better against Charlotte than Sandin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad