Prospect Info: Timothy Liljegren

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'm not convinced this means he made the team.

This may have to do with balancing the salary cap to make sure they can get full value out of putting Horton and Clarkson on LTIR.

Until Wednesday night roles around, I wouldn't be so confident that Liljegren has made it.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

This may have to do with balancing the salary cap to make sure they can get full value out of putting Horton and Clarkson on LTIR.

Until Wednesday night roles around, I wouldn't be so confident that Liljegren has made it.

Yup.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Agreed on all points. It's probably best if Liljegren is getting maximum time with the Marlies. He isn't too far off of being NHL ready, but given top AHL minutes, in all situations will really benefit his game, perhaps with the possibility of making the jump later this year. He's going to be a decent player at some point, but I think a bit more seasoning is necessary.

Reactions: stickty111

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Quite likely. Nothing about Liljegrens usage/opportunity and subsequently play this camp screams player being included on the Leafs this year.
This roster right now has us like $100k from the cap with Horton, Clarkson, Hyman and Dermott all on LTIR

Then when I think Dermott and Hyman are ready to activate from LTIR. All of Holl, Shore and Timashov get sent down to the minors/put on waivers. Even then, we'd still be over the cap by about $20k. I guess keeping Holl as 7th over Marincin squeezes us under by like 3k lol.

Actually, we could probably keep Marincin over Holl... cap friendly calculator is assuming Hyman and Dermott from day 1, but having each on LTIR for the first month, should make things work.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Quite likely. Nothing about Liljegrens usage/opportunity and subsequently play this camp screams player being included on the Leafs this year.
This roster right now has us like $100k from the cap with Horton, Clarkson, Hyman and Dermott all on LTIR

Then when I think Dermott and Hyman are ready to activate from LTIR. All of Holl, Shore and Timashov get sent down to the minors/put on waivers. Even then, we'd still be over the cap by about $20k. I guess keeping Holl as 7th over Marincin squeezes us under by like 3k lol.

Actually, we could probably keep Marincin over Holl... cap friendly calculator is assuming Hyman and Dermott from day 1, but having each on LTIR for the first month, should make things work.
Strictly a move to keep the Leafs close to the cap ceiling. He'll be sent down once the roster is set and the LTIR exemption is granted.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Perhaps they shouldn't have used up their entire cap
Bunch of clowns in front office

Don't get how this works I see.

The closer they are to the cap, the greater relief they get from putting Horton and Clarkson on LTIR.

Hope that helps you understand.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Liljegren was the better player on the Marlies.
Not true. Sandin was a stud from day 1. But he has some issues with his straight line speed.

Lily has issues with his core and balance on the ice which is why he is on his butt a lot. Lily also needs to work on his offensive game. But the tools are there and I think he will develop much more.

The only time I thought Lily was the better player was 3rd round playoff series last year. and I saw every game.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not true. Sandin was a stud from day 1. But he has some issues with his straight line speed.

Lily has issues with his core and balance on the ice which is why he is on his butt a lot. Lily also needs to work on his offensive game. But the tools are there and I think he will develop much more.

The only time I thought Lily was the better player was 3rd round playoff series last year. and I saw every game.

Depends on what you make of stats beyond goals and assists and usage.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Depends on what you make of stats beyond goals and assists and usage.
I do not even watch and care about goals and assists to me it is all about control of the game for defense ... and Sandin controls most games. Wingers yes you better bang and you better put the biscuit in the basket when you get the chance.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Absolutely great for a confidence of this player. Knows he is on the cusp now and its likely a great feeling for Lilly. Gets to practice with Nhl’ers and get nhl coaching( not a mock of Keefe but its good for lilly to be here). Gets to hang out with the big teams players is good too.

I like it even if he does get sent down later its a great part of the process that Lilly will completely enjoy. Happy for him, he needs this.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Absolutely great for a confidence of this player. Knows he is on the cusp now and its likely a great feeling for Lilly. Gets to practice with Nhl’ers and get nhl coaching( not a mock of Keefe but its good for lilly to be here). Gets to hang out with the big teams players is good too.

I like it even if he does get sent down later its a great part of the process that Lilly will completely enjoy. Happy for him, he needs this.
Keefe screwed him over a bit last year by not giving him enough offensive development minutes ... He has the skills although his defense has gotten a lot better ... Hope they get him into a few games ... to me Lily or Holl better option than Marincin the handless wonder

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Perhaps they shouldn't have overpaid all their RFAs
Bunch of clowns in front office
Only Marner is overpaid. Nylander can outplay his contract and Matthews is a 40 goal scorer. This is the price you pay for drafting and developing this good. Do you really think Chicago wanted to trade away all the top young talent they traded away so they can keep 4 guys? You have to remember, the cap will go up significantly in less than a handful of years, making the "overpayments" look better than they may or may not right now. When the cap goes up, it means everyone makes more money. You probably are forgetting that the cap in 06 was 39.5 million . You aren't going to keep top players under 5 million , it just isn't going to happen.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Liljegren is good lol. A few bad bounces in an otherwise quiet preseason mixed with Sandin's ascension doesn't mean he isn't still a bonafide top 4 defensive prospect. He's good 1 on 1 defensively, he skates well and he makes a good first pass out the zone. He had bad puck bobbles that led to goals and all of a sudden he sucks to some of you. lolz

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
He didn't make the team, I read an article that said Sandin moved into the stall beside Ceci whereas Lily's is still in a different room down the hall (where Sandin's used to be before yesterday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->