Confirmed with Link: Timothy Liljegren & Rasmus Sandin to play for Sweden at WJC

swint

Nov 16, 2014
Nice.... are they playing together right now on the Marlies? Will they be the top pair at the WJC tournament?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nice.... are they playing together right now on the Marlies? Will they be the top pair at the WJC tournament?

No. Sandin has been playing with LoVerde, while Liljegren has been playing with Rosen.

I would be surprised if they aren't the top pairing at the WJC though

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
No. Sandin has been playing with LoVerde, while Liljegren has been playing with Rosen.

I would be surprised if they aren't the top pairing at the WJC though

Brannstrom's another good option for them on the top pairing, and is a LHD. They may pair him with Liljegren, they've played together before.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Brannstrom's another good option for them on the top pairing, and is a LHD. They may pair him with Liljegren, they've played together before.

Ah I forgot about him. They have Broberg as well, who could be a top 5 pick in June as well. Soderstrom is another D that is expected to go in the first round this year

Man Sweden's defense is stacked.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Ah I forgot about him. They have Broberg as well, who could be a top 5 pick in June as well. Soderstrom is another D that is expected to go in the first round this year

Man Sweden's defense is stacked.

I don't think those 2 are even close to make the team.

Liljegren, Sandin, Brännström and Boqvist is a decent top 4 at the wjc level..

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
please play Lilly and sandy together. A reason to watch the tournament may finally be appearing. I don't think Scott is going to get team Canada #1 spot and Kral will be interesting to watch but having a pair together maybe even the top pair will see me tuning in

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I always watch world juniors. One of my favourite tournaments of the year sports wise. Especially with it being around the Holidays.

Really looking forward to Canada obviously, but it'll be fun to see them on Sweden.

Hopefully Scott can play in some games too.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hopefully, one of them will become the 2nd coming of Börje Salming. We need a new King on our D!

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I always watch world juniors. One of my favourite tournaments of the year sports wise. Especially with it being around the Holidays.

Really looking forward to Canada obviously, but it'll be fun to see them on Sweden.

Hopefully Scott can play in some games too.
I obviously root for Canada, but honestly I wouldn't mind a Sweden win either. Have always liked Sweden and obviously with Sandin and Liljegren on the team I hope they do well.

Reactions: Burnie97

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I obviously root for Canada, but honestly I wouldn't mind a Sweden win either. Have always liked Sweden and obviously with Sandin and Liljegren on the team I hope they do well.
Sweden can have silver, no problem. ;)

Reactions: Burnie97

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

im not a Canadian born a bred, I do have citizenship though. But Canada really should walk through this tournament every year. its kind of why I just follow the leafs prospects and that's it.

how many do we have this year 4?
Lilly
Sandin
Scott
Kral

there aren't others right?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
This just in. Rasmus Dahlin pass over this year (yawn), but plans to have a sophomore slump and be sent down to Rocketeer just before next WJC (in 2020), He is also not sure of a spot on the team this year, and doesn't want to fool around on a third defense pairing either should universe enable that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->