Tribute Timothy Liljegren Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I feel like a lot of fairweather fans saw Liljagren as a #1 RHD and since he isn't shaping up to be that (I'm heavily biased but I still think there is a chance) that naturally he is a bust...at 21yrs old. It doesn't help matters when that f***ing moron on OverDrive basically said Liljegren is a bust

I've watched pretty much every game Liljegren played since he was drafted and I absolutely love his 2way game and last year in the Calder cup Liljegren was the most consistent Dman the Marlies had and was better then Sandin

Sandin is a much smarter player then Liljegren so he transitioned to the NHL a little more smoother but give Liljegren 20-30 games and he will settle down

Reactions: dubplatepressure

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
It's abundantly clear that Keefe does not like Liljegren

Maybe he knows his upside and thinks it very limited. At this point if we got him to be Dermott I would be happy...but I doubt he even becomes a 3rd pairing guy. His mental clock is too slow for the NHL IMO. That is his biggest flaw.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Maybe he knows his upside and thinks it very limited. At this point if we got him to be Dermott I would be happy...but I doubt he even becomes a 3rd pairing guy. His mental clock is too slow for the NHL IMO. That is his biggest flaw.
I don’t know how outgoing he is and if it makes him unimpressive and unnoticed as a result. It’s absolutely find to be chilled out and quiet but when he does get his chance to play he should want to blow them away by doing what he is capable of doing. He might need to come out of his shell a bit. Maybe I’m wrong but he doesn’t seem like he got his fair share of charisma.

weeweeballs

Jan 22, 2021
It's abundantly clear that Keefe does not like Liljegren

Yeah I don't think that's the case. A much simpler explanation is that he's just not good enough yet. I haven't lost hope on him yet since defensemen take longer to develop, but his trajectory hasn't been promising so far.

weeweeballs

Jan 22, 2021
Yes it has. He's been one of the best players in the AHL since he was 20.

maybe you're right, I haven't seen him play with the Marlies or give a shit about the AHL in general

buuttttt I wasn't impressed with his stints on the big club

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i have a sneaking feeling they know they wont be able to afford rielly and are holding off with sandin and lilly as long as possible to replace guys that will be gone after this and next year. just my opinion though.

Reactions: justloveleafs

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
I thought the problem was in order to get him off the taxi squad someone else would have to go on the taxi squad or be injured. In order for Holl or Bogosian or even Dermott to go to the taxi squad to make the room they would have to be waived.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
i have a sneaking feeling they know they wont be able to afford rielly and are holding off with sandin and lilly as long as possible to replace guys that will be gone after this and next year. just my opinion though.
Thing is, do you want to re-sign him given the contract he will command

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Thing is, do you want to re-sign him given the contract he will command
Rielly is not worth more than he makes right now for this team. Sandin playing 22-23 minutes in a couple years looks possible. Muzzin looks blaa bland and disengaged. Muzzin was on the ice when Zach got hit and it was nothing to him. That’s the guy everyone labeled a leader?? Chicken. Lost use for him and he’s risky all the sudden to boot. He turned off some fans last game I’d think

Reactions: justloveleafs

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Liljegren and Sandin are going to be two number ones. Its all cap right now.

Anyone see either of them traded at TDL.

UGGHH no.

Both are being turned into gym rats btw.

Both mean as well, those two or one of them would have made Swedish history against EDLER.

Swedes and Danes, and Norwegians were vikings btw.

Reactions: Redwingsfan

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
They should be resting the D.

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Liljegren
Sandin - Bogosian

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Dermott - Liljegren

If the Leafs plan on going for the long playoff run then Leafs need to give young guys some chance. Injuries can happen in playoffs; would we want them to debut in the playoffs? When Muzzin got injured against CBJ (f*** PLD btw); our D was a freakin' JOKE

And if Keefe brings in Marincin over Lily/Sandin in case of injuries I am gonna lost my shit

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Before the Bogosian injury today I would have sat Holl. Holl did this last year as well. Starting off well and then fell of near the end. Maybe he’s tired I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad