Timo Meier requests trade from the Devils

Matt Y

Jan 1, 2021
Hi all,

This morning we received a formal trade request from Timo Meier. Timo is unhappy with his ice time and would like a change of scenery (and fish).

New Jersey is willing to accommodate and looking for a similar player in return. Have a similar guy in your organization struggling to make the impact they could make for you? Let's talk about giving both guys a fresh start!

Shoot me an email [email protected] to talk about how we can help each other out.

Matt
New Jersey Devils GM

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Matt Y

Jan 1, 2021
I should also add that we have a lot of forward prospects that are talented but we would like to turn a few of them into defencemen via trade to balance things out. It's clear the previous GM loved his forwards but forgot about the defensive side of the puck.

If you are interested in some of our great forward prospects, let me know who is available as a defensive prospect or goaltender.

Matt Y

Jan 1, 2021
One follow up. I've realized that moving Meier is a challenge because he's so cheap this season.

I'm also willing to move Teravainen as well for a center around similar age. I have a lot of wingers coming but could use a center that's more natural to the position than Teuvo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->