Prospect Info: Timmons

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Yeah Timmins was never considered a better prospect than Makar... McNabb is just ridiculous sometimes

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Timmins has looked every bit a top 4 Dman the past handful of games. Excellent D zone handles and passing. Creative breakouts that key transition offense. Nice looking shot.

he’s still not physical enough in front of his net. His skating isn’t as bad as the hyperbole here but it’s below average.

I’m very glad we didn’t trade him for a rental. Seeing this version of Timmins gives the Avs the roadmap for EJ. Buy him out, trade and retain or LTIR. Give his minutes to Timmins as another RHD and then sign a ring chaser like a Savard to a short term deal to replace Graves (Seattle) role on the PK and bottom pair.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it was @S E P H that mentioned recently how talented he was in the O-zone in junior and we’re seeing glimpses of that of late. He’s got a good slap shot and is zipping the puck around with his passing pretty quickly.

He’s gaining some confidence defensively as well. His skating will always make him a bit of a liability if he’s not perfect with his decision making, but he’s looking good in his most recent call-up.

He's really starting to gain confidence in his offensive game, specifically his passing, but he's still struggling a big with bad turnovers in the D zone. Which tells me he hasn't fully gotten used to the pace yet.

Hopefully those turnovers become less and less though. Would be so great if he can reach that top 4 potential he has.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
McNab said that Timmins was more hyped than Makar going into the draft. I think that was just McNab being drunk though
To be honest, McNab has sounded really smashed at times on a lot more broadcasts than usual. Hope he's okay, but I won't miss him too much when he is ultimately retired.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
To be honest, McNab has sounded really smashed at times on a lot more broadcasts than usual. Hope he's okay, but I won't miss him too much when he is ultimately retired.

I know it’s fun to have a laugh about this every once in a while but McNab is the last person on the broadcast team I’d want to see leave any time soon. JML aside, but he doesn’t really count.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I know it’s fun to have a laugh about this every once in a while but McNab is the last person on the broadcast team I’d want to see leave any time soon. JML aside, but he doesn’t really count.
Will agree to respectfully dis-agree with you. Timmins' thread isn't the place to go off on what I think of Altitude's broadcast, especially since so many fans in the Colorado area don't even have access to them. But I will say this, if you have ownership of an NHL hockey team and a television station to broadcast them with, and the best thing you can put on-air is Peter McNab...you're having a rough go at the TV side of the business.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Will agree to respectfully dis-agree with you. Timmins' thread isn't the place to go off on what I think of Altitude's broadcast, especially since so many fans in the Colorado area don't even have access to them. But I will say this, if you have ownership of an NHL hockey team and a television station to broadcast them with, and the best thing you can put on-air is Peter McNab...you're having a rough go at the TV side of the business.

To be fair, this is now the defunct/back-up “Timmons” thread.

Moser is terrible and could be replaced with literally anyone and the broadcast would improve. Keefe and Ryker are good together and entertaining but we could do better.

Agreed that KSE should be upping their game on the home broadcast front but McNab is the only one worth listening to the vast majority of the time IMO.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I could be wrong, but I really don't think McNab is drunk on air. People say this but I think he's more professional than that.

I think it's just a case of him being a 69 year old retired hockey player who used to play without a helmet in the 70's, and his speech isn't always crystal clear. It doesn't bother me that much personally.

I like McNab and I like the stories he tells. We won't get that with whoever replaces him. Especially some of the inside stories from the old Avalanche teams. He's been around the game of hockey his whole life, and known pretty much everyone though either his dad or his own career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad