Timmins Draft Interview

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Wow, what a terrible quote:

“Here’s a guy that played in the US Top Prospect Game, the All-American Top Prospects game, the World Junior A Challenge. What happened the last ten games or so…they knew he was going to Northeastern next year, and they had a Czech goalie there (Josef Korenar)…so they played him all the games so he would come back there next year…keep him happy.â€Â

I guess it didn't matter the Czech guy had a 925SV% compared to Primeau's .895.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow, what a terrible quote:

“Here’s a guy that played in the US Top Prospect Game, the All-American Top Prospects game, the World Junior A Challenge. What happened the last ten games or so…they knew he was going to Northeastern next year, and they had a Czech goalie there (Josef Korenar)…so they played him all the games so he would come back there next year…keep him happy.â€Â

I guess it didn't matter the Czech guy had a 925SV% compared to Primeau's .895.

Nah it meant nothing. Come on man. ;) Time to see how much Northeastern will want to keep Primeau happy next year....as the other 2 goalies will be gone at one point and only Primeau will be there...

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I don't absorb too much about what TT says after the draft..........I used too but then I realized..........of course hes going to pump up his picks......what Vice President of player personnel wouldn't.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Thanks for sharing Grant, good job !

Nah it meant nothing. Come on man. ;) Time to see how much Northeastern will want to keep Primeau happy next year....as the other 2 goalies will be gone at one point and only Primeau will be there...

He'll probably have to share, NE's starter last year will be a junior this year and is fairly good. His coach did say he'd give him his chances though so we'll see.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Great questions. Not so sure that I like the tone of the answers, though you can never tell from text.

I hope that "I don't know" = "other teams are stupid", not "I have no idea what I'm doing, and clearly going against common wisdom".

He seems to be surprised by much of what went on during this draft.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Good interview thx!

Happy to read Timmins sees Juulsen as a second pairing D, thats exactly where I always projected him..

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
He's the expert but it seems the obvious trend for years is to favour non CHL players later in the draft.

If kids are 3+ years away and there are only two years to make a decision on signing them or have them reenter the draft would seem to devalue them somewhat vs players who have a longer period to develop before a decision needs to be made.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The way he speaks it seem like they took guys base on a hope that they could replicate past performance that they weren't able to maintain or that they be able to progress even if they weren't really trending that way right now... Also basically saying that other team aren't going there job when Mtl has had some of the worst draft result in the NHL over the past few years, if you that surprise maybe your the one mistaken...

Poeling, Brook, Ikonen, Tyszka, Primeau I'm fine with... Even if they aren't all sexy pick I believe they were the best player left at there respective position.

Walford: I think it was bit early I would have take a chance on a guy Lipanov

Fleury: I'm not a fan of the pick and also think it was a bit early, I would have pick Petruzzelli (I liked Primeau but I had Petruzzelli higher) or taken a chance on Popugayev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad