Timing of the World Cup tournament - bad move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Oct 27, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Does anyone think it was a very poor decision to have the tournament in late August/early September? The final game of the tournament is set to occur one day before the current CBA is up. So in a tournament that should be filled with skill and excitement.... will be overshadowed by the impending lockout.

So, what's your take on this?

(1) The tournament should have been pushed back a month - at least giving some time between the end of the tourney and the CBA's dissolution.

(2) Who cares about the NHL lockout, it's bound to happen anyways, and I'll only be paying attention to the WC and not the tales of impending doom.

(3) I really don't care!

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Martin said:
Does anyone think it was a very poor decision to have the tournament in late August/early September? The final game of the tournament is set to occur one day before the current CBA is up. So in a tournament that should be filled with skill and excitement.... will be overshadowed by the impending lockout.

So, what's your take on this?

(1) The tournament should have been pushed back a month - at least giving some time between the end of the tourney and the CBA's dissolution.

(2) Who cares about the NHL lockout, it's bound to happen anyways, and I'll only be paying attention to the WC and not the tales of impending doom.

(3) I really don't care!

I'll be glad to see some good hockey before the NHL goes dark. I guess my attitude is eat, drink, and watch the World Championship, because tomorrow there is no NHL!

:joker:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think it should have been held last year, because the media won't give a rat's ass about a hockey tournament right after the summer Olympics. It will buried in the media quicker than Triple HHH's opponents in the WWE.

Martin

Oct 27, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Damn man.... I TOTALLY forgot all about the Summer Olympics.

That means its time is worse than anything... for mainstream exposure, that is.

But like Pantokrator, I'll be absorbed in it nonetheless - last chance for hockey for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad