TV: Timeless

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wow, they were rather accepting of the whole "time machine" thing rather quickly.

Do you think if Elon Musk called up Obama and said "My time machine has been stolen by terrorists", would it be taken seriously?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Wow, they were rather accepting of the whole "time machine" thing rather quickly.

Do you think if Elon Musk called up Obama and said "My time machine has been stolen by terrorists", would it be taken seriously?

Only if it was actually Elon Musk.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Oddly, I just read a book not long ago from a series called the Chronicles of St. Mary's, which is about time travel using pods and conflicting groups fighting each other. I saw an advertisement for this show in Entertainment Weekly, and thought it sounded like nearly the same thing!

I watched a little bit of the show last night and will finish it today. I thought it was pretty good.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The commercials made me laugh. The CGI with the woman running from the blimp was awful.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just watched it...it was average at best. I have a lot of shows i'm watching this fall and along with hockey back i do not think this will make the cut.

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
Reminds me of Timecop (a short-lived TV series that was Monday Night Football's lead-in on ABC sometime in the '90s). The exact same premise except they added a black guy to tell us about racial issues in the 1930s and bring up Mike Tyson to some dumb cop.

It was a nice twist at the end. The problem is once you do that twist, why didn't it cause more real issues in the present timeline that would directly affect the guy that built the machine, all the people that work with him, the government itself, and the individuals actually going back in time. It's quite a plot hole. The people at the facility staying behind wouldn't even have an idea why the people got sent back.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Reminds me of Timecop (a short-lived TV series that was Monday Night Football's lead-in on ABC sometime in the '90s). The exact same premise except they added a black guy to tell us about racial issues in the 1930s and bring up Mike Tyson to some dumb cop.

It was a nice twist at the end. The problem is once you do that twist, why didn't it cause more real issues in the present timeline that would directly affect the guy that built the machine, all the people that work with him, the government itself, and the individuals actually going back in time. It's quite a plot hole. The people at the facility staying behind wouldn't even have an idea why the people got sent back.

I agree, I think it's going to be cheesy; but I thought it was entertaining enough to see where it's going.

Obviously it's going to require a real stretch on the viewer's part to ignore obvious loopholes. If they went back to steal something off the Hindenburg, or bring one of the victims with them, that would have made more sense in the time travel scenario. There have been enough time travel books/shows/movies, that the "rules" have been pretty well established.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Which itself was a far inferior version of Time Trax (The early 90's TV show) which itself was a bit of a knockoff of superior Quantum Leap

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Is the show as cheesy as it sounds?

It's still network TV but I found they do a pretty good job with the history/time travel angle, I'd say the broader storyline is mediocre but the episodic formula is pretty good. Each episode goes through a diverse range American history (with a couple trips to Europe for WW1/2), with all the proper set decorations & props. They typically hit well known events and interact with not just the famous historical figures but also try to pay due to lesser known but still highly important individuals like for example Katherine Johnson in an episode set during the Apollo 11 mission.

I'm not sure what an actual historian would think of the show but as a lay person I thought it was pretty good overall. Didn't quite finish it though, got through the first season but only a few episodes into the second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad