time to talk about Jordan Binnington?

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Came here to ask the same question...he's clearly a Calder candidate, but I'm wondering if he's also a Hart and Vezina candidate as well?

The Hart candidate on the Blues wears #90, not #50

Highly doubt he plays enough games to merit Vezina talk either. At best we're talking 35ish games which isn't even half a season.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Hart candidate on the Blues wears #90, not #50

Highly doubt he plays enough games to merit Vezina talk either. At best we're talking 35ish games which isn't even half a season.

He's doing what Dubnyk did back in 2015, only problem is Dubnyk played 58 games and that got him into the awards talk.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
His numbers aren't sustainable, but he has been a very steady presence on the back end for the Blues. I'm sure we'll see some regression but I don't see him as being a flash in the pan. I could see Binnington being an above average starter in the league going forward.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Reminds me of Michael Hutchinson with the Jets and Andrew Hammond with the Senators. Hopefully he fares better than they did.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I don’t think this guy is Hammond 2.0. It seemed like he came out of nowhere but his stats throughout his life as a prospect and a minor leaguer are between good and great. His current level of play might be somewhat unsustainable, but we shouldn’t be discarding his success out of hand. There’s a real possibility that this guy could be a top goalie for years.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Updating this thread:

28 GP / 21-4-0 / 1.81 GAA / .930 SV%

He doesn't have enough games for any award consideration but damn those are some impressive numbers.

Reactions: HabsQC and GoBluz24

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That never quite what? Finish sentences?
That's it.......

Orielly never gives up, he never quits. He went from a terrible team to team that looked to be just as bad. He didn't let it get him him. He always left everything on the ice each shift.

Last edited:

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
That's it.......

Orielly never gives up, he never quites. He went from a terrible team to team that looked to be just as bad. He didn't let it get him him. He always left everything on the ice each shift.
Ah I see the problem. The word you are looking for is “quits”. Ive always liked binnington and he was always my AHL starter on NHL 19, love to see his success

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ah I see the problem. The word you are looking for is “quits”. Ive always liked binnington and he was always my AHL starter on NHL 19, love to see his success
:facepalm: predictive text on phones.....it always tries to change it quiet.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Super calm and poised in the net. Made some key saves too. The Blues can finally go far with someone reliable in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad