time to talk about Jordan Binnington?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
yeah hes not an elite goalie or anything but hes reliable in the same way as elliott was. our defense is great and the team is filled with strong two way forwards (ror, schwartz, barbashev, sundqvist and schenn are all defensive beasts). this team doesnt need a reflex goalie.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
youre telling me that giving a top tier defensive team like the blues a goalie other than jake allen would have good results? i would have never guessed...

i also like binnington and i think he can be an above average goalie moving forward (though not by much since very few goalies are far from average in either direction)

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Shouldn't this thread be on the tennis or golf boards?

RckyMtnBlue

Feb 28, 2014
Doesn't matter if he turns out to be a star I'm sure he will get hit by a car crossing the street or run over by a zamboni...hockey gods hate the Blues and right now they are just teasing us with a good goalie

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
The Blues play some good defense in front of him. Don’t think he is anything special.

I've never understood this logic. Besides the fact that, as pointed out, Allen hasn't posted anywhere near the same results behind the same defense, what's the point to using the defense playing well as a negative against a goalie? What's he supposed to do? It's the same thing when people try to discredit a win over an easy opponent in football. What are they supposed to do, lose the game?

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I've never understood this logic. Besides the fact that, as pointed out, Allen hasn't posted anywhere near the same results behind the same defense, what's the point to using the defense playing well as a negative against a goalie? What's he supposed to do? It's the same thing when people try to discredit a win over an easy opponent in football. What are they supposed to do, lose the game?

He was also a 3rd round pick of the Blues. Has been an all star multiple times in the AHL. He's 6'2. He's 25.

Some people act like we signed him off the street a month ago.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He was also a 3rd round pick of the Blues. Has been an all star multiple times in the AHL. He's 6'2. He's 25.

Some people act like we signed him off the street a month ago.

He plays like he was picked up off the streets. He’s been been sinking the Blues for awhile.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
19 save shutout? Maddon', the Blues have really turned it around.

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, Binnington has played very well, but what gives me hope as a Blues fan isn't really him, it's everything happening in front of him. They are playing incredible hockey in front of him and it's making his good play look other worldly with an absurd stat line.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
The team has played fantastic defense in front of him and Binnington himself has been above average. I don’t care where he was picked or how old he is the team has seemed to rally around him and more importantly for each other.

He’s given us a chance to win every game he’s started. That’s literally all the blues need from a goalie and it’s not something we’ve gotten consistently from our starter for a while.

Reactions: DoubleK81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->