Time to swap Marleau and Hyman?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Has Hyman spent any time at all with Matthews, or Marleau with JT? Ten games is enough of a first test for chemistry. Sure they could hit a grove after a few more games, but why not a reset for two guys that are cold as ice?

KULEMINakajesus

Dec 8, 2010
Hyman has been pretty good so far this year. I'm still hoping for willy auston kasp line when willy resigns

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Nope. Hyman is doing great with Marner and JT. Leave him there, if/when we get Willy back you put him with Matthews and Kap, and put Marleau with Kadri and Brown

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Brown
Goat - Lindholm - Leivo

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Hyman has been playing great imo. Marleau looks lost, I’d try him on the third line with Kadri again, maybe when Nylander returns.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
So for the last two years, most of us pretty crap on Hyman on Matthew’s wing. Ten games into the new season with Matthews leading the league in goal and scoring, someone want to put Hyman back with Matthew. Leafsnation, baby.

Reactions: egd27

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Nylander will take his spot with Kap on the other side once hes back, Marleau has chemistry with Kadri so I see our future lines looking like this pretty soon. Hyman looks great with JT and Marner so you keep him there imo.

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Lindholm
Brown - Gauthier - Leivo

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Marleau and Hyman have had very similar seasons thus far (production, ice time) and I suppose it's fair to say they've also been the third most productive member of their lines (not surprising in Hyman's case, perhaps a bit in Marleau's). Chemistry says otherwise sometimes, but the move might end up achieving the same result as now.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The problem is that Marleau looks like he’s lost a step. So I think that’s impacting his game as much as chemistry (though I don’t think he has much of that with Matthews)

He needs to start getting only very easy minutes to get the most out of him this season.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The problem is that Marleau looks like he’s lost a step. So I think that’s impacting his game as much as chemistry (though I don’t think he has much of that with Matthews)

He needs to start getting only very easy minutes to get the most out of him this season.

He looked quick to me last game, Im thinking he hasn't figured how or what role to play with Matthews yet. I also thinking Kappy pushed him to the secondary winger spot on the line.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
So for the last two years, most of us pretty crap on Hyman on Matthew’s wing. Ten games into the new season with Matthews leading the league in goal and scoring, someone want to put Hyman back with Matthew. Leafsnation, baby.

fyi.... not every fan thinks the exact same about everything circumstance. Matter of fact there is never a 100% consensus about anything, ever. This is the case with every team in every sport.

Making an insinuatorish comment in the manner like you did is silly.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Hyman and Marleau have 1 goal between them after 10 games. Marleau hasn't had an ES point in 7 games and Hyman has on 2 primary assists in 10 games. Whatever success the top two lines are having is not connected to the production of H and M. A move might refresh them both. Its unlikely they could produce less.

We'll see tonight if Matthew/Marleau break out of the fog. Matty's longest scoring drought last season was 4 games. 13 SOG in the last 3 so he is overdue. Would be nice if his line mate's picked him up too.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
they are both plugs that should be no where near top 6

27 goals is 27 goals. Thats a top 6 number on most teams. I was anti Hyman for the rookie year but as has been often pointed out, his ES production last season with basically no pp time was solid. This little spurt by Kappy is the first time any other player has looked like he belongs top 6. That is only relevant after Willie comes back right now they have too many centers for the minutes, and too many minutes for the wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->