Time to sell-off Simmonds, Voracek, Giroux to the highest bidder

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
never said Schenn was boring but slower and coots is a ***** and boring. Clean the whole team out. Kings taught the blues what hard hockey was all about yesterday and Schenn can handle it. schenn was the only forward to handle the caps afew years ago too. Schenn and coots should be on this team now and Simmonds gone and he will be soon with hopefully alot of other as they are scared to compete. bruins big d knocked them all around easily yesterday.

You complain about how long the rebuild is taking.

How long do you reckon it takes when you start from scratch again halfway through?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You complain about how long the rebuild is taking.

How long do you reckon it takes when you start from scratch again halfway through?
I don't care that they lose but they don't put it in and its f***ed now. Start from scratch and put some players that do something in here. Our team does nothing right.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They should all be sent down. None of them play the right way and are chicken **** to boot.

Your definition of "the right way" is "plays for another team." We know this because when it is pointed out that there are in fact players who are everything you desire on the Flyers, you reveal you hate them anyway.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't care that they lose but they don't put it in and its ****ed now. Start from scratch and put some players that do something in here. Our team does nothing right.

Sounds like a coaching problem more than a player problem. It's far faster and easier to change coaches than it is to get rid of every single player and replace them.

You know that's an insane idea right? You're asking them to be an expansion team but without the benefit of an expansion draft. Pray tell how that will improve the team.

Reactions: Rebels57

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Your definition of "the right way" is "plays for another team." We know this because when it is pointed out that there are in fact players who are everything you desire on the Flyers, you reveal you hate them anyway.
you have been on this train for 4 years and it hasn't changed. it's over for this group of shit and it time for change. Should have happened 4 yrs ago and we might have had something sooner.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Sounds like a coaching problem more than a player problem. It's far faster and easier to change coaches than it is to get rid of every single player and replace them.

You know that's an insane idea right? You're asking them to be an expansion team but without the benefit of an expansion draft. Pray tell how that will improve the team.
I hear you man on the coach hes a :eek::eek::eek::eek: and I'd slap that f***ers ears off if I seen him today.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
you have been on this train for 4 years and it hasn't changed. it's over for this group of **** and it time for change. Should have happened 4 yrs ago and we might have had something sooner.

We both know you would hate the next group even more. If you think any part of the roster is getting upgraded overall by getting rid of the entire team and cobbling together a mess, you're out to lunch.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Either way, it is what it is now. If we're getting rid of one of Jake or Simmonds at this point because we're assuming his next contract is going to be over-inflated, then we need to get rid of him because after losing Schenner we can't be losing another offensive forward like Jake.

Most of Jake's talent allocation shows up as zone entries and other possession, we need him to carry a line on his back and all things considered, he should held accountable to that. I think our pipeline can replace the individual parts of Simmer's game while I'm less sold that we have anyone coming up that can skate the puck end to end like he Jake can, the probability certainly seems much lower. I'd like to see him as a left winger though because it makes more sense for him individually and for the team--- it plays much more to his strengths although he makes a good right winger too.

Wouldn't be happy at all to see Simmer go but after electing to move the youngest piece of that trade piece trio, Im into the logic behind moving the oldest as well considering what he is and considering that the team appears to be at a similar junction to several months ago still.

Edit:
In agreement with Hatcher, It's a stick in the wheel that we have little around in terms of players who can/will drop the gloves to defend their teammates. The timing of moving Simmer now would worry me for the young guys, a few who've already been bullied and injured on the year without any sort of retaliation.

Last edited:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
We both know you would hate the next group even more. If you think any part of the roster is getting upgraded overall by getting rid of the entire team and cobbling together a mess, you're out to lunch.
I'll take that lunch then because this leadership group along with the rest is why we are what we are and thats garbage. bruins young d is twice as mean and move the puck the same. They compete and will be along way ahead soon and already are.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Voracek just turned 28 and Giroux will turn 30 next month and both are top 20 in league scoring. Trading them would be absolutely mind blowingly dumb, unless the goal is to have more seasons similar to this one. They need to be supplemented, not supplanted. There is absolutely no reason to think that either of them won't be key players for at least the next 5 years. If you trade them, who are the veterans when the team actually makes the playoffs? By the end of next season, almost all of the veteran dead weight will off the team anyways.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Voracek just turned 28 and Giroux will turn 30 next month and both are top 20 in league scoring. Trading them would be absolutely mind blowingly dumb, unless the goal is to have more seasons similar to this one. They need to be supplemented, not supplanted. There is absolutely no reason to think that either of them won't be key players for at least the next 5 years. If you trade them, who are the veterans when the team actually makes the playoffs? By the end of next season, almost all of the veteran dead weight will off the team anyways.

Someone on the previous pages said we can see the writing on the wall that Voracek is already stopping to contribute and wont be any better. And I would like to add that the cap space would prevent us from getting shut out.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
never said Schenn was boring but slower and coots is a ***** and boring. Clean the whole team out. Kings taught the blues what hard hockey was all about yesterday and Schenn can handle it. schenn was the only forward to handle the caps afew years ago too. Schenn and coots should be on this team now and Simmonds gone and he will be soon with hopefully alot of other as they are scared to compete. bruins big d knocked them all around easily yesterday.
Couts could be the most boring player on Earth for all I care. He's scoring and an elite defensive player. He helps the team win and that's all that matters to me.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Someone on the previous pages said we can see the writing on the wall that Voracek is already stopping to contribute and wont be any better. And I would like to add that the cap space would prevent us from getting shut out.
He's only on pace for 95 points, it's all downhill from here! :sarcasm:

75% of this board is completely ignorant of Voracek and they'll tell you he never shoots. Meanwhile, in reality, he's 9th in the entire league in shots this year.

Reactions: kudymen

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I said it before but Simmonds should have been gone before Schenn. I don't think Schenn is spectacular but he easily could have slotted in #2 C this year and strengthen the depth there. I have no qualms about Hextall selling off Schenn I just think the return could have been better (yeah yeah yeah 2 1sts, its too late late 1st rounders) and he should have waited on Patrick to get going a bit in the NHL before selling. Hextall appears quick to make trades but slow to move players up.

I still think even if you make a coaching change you still should be selling Simmonds. I don't want to use the main board as a barometer for trade value but you can see how many people are intrigued by Simmonds being available which I think illustrates how many people want him. I really do believe you can get that young roster player back with a 1st for him.

Simmonds and Couturier's spots on the PP are the most interchangeable ones I believe. I believe Patrick could easily swap into Simmonds spot and pound in some goals.

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'll take that lunch then because this leadership group along with the rest is why we are what we are and thats garbage. bruins young d is twice as mean and move the puck the same. They compete and will be along way ahead soon and already are.
That young D also gets to lean on a 26 year old 50 point Dman in Krug and a former Norris winner in Chara.

We lean on AMac, Gudas and Manning.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Schenn was NEVER going to be a C here. He's only passable as one because of his linemates.

With the current play of this team I'd highly disagree with that statement. Even if only a temporary band-aid to help ensure Patrick gets going with everyone else this team would have been better off.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Simmonds has a lot of value and is a rare breed in the NHL. I could see a team like the Oilers giving up a lot for him, but I wouldn't trade him unless you got a great haul. This team isn't far off and I really believe the coaching is what is holding them back right now.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
That young D also gets to lean on a 26 year old 50 point Dman in Krug and a former Norris winner in Chara.

We lean on AMac, Gudas and Manning.
gudas competes and can be on a winner. Krug is rugged for a little person lol and Chara is a beast. I agree I just want change. This team just djates around hoping to score and I want different players. Had enough of this. We could get 20 guys on this board and compete more than this shit.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Out of 3 I would move Voracek 1st. Contract is just too big and too long .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad