Time to revamp the USNTDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Seems this program is hit and miss at best, and perhaps the better strategy would be to adopt the Canadian junior model. More resources pumped into growing the NAHL and USHL may be the route to go, as it provides a more competitive environment for young players.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Changed "dismantle" to "revamp" in title.

Last edited:

Reilly311

Because they finished 4th in this perticular tournament? Yeah, lets just blow it up.

I am Jack's Fish

I am all for killing children if they fall down a week after they learn to walk.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Bicycle Repairman said:
Seems this program is hit and miss at best, and perhaps the better strategy would be to adopt the Canadian junior model. More resources pumped into growing the NAHL and USHL may be the route to go, as it provides a more competitive environment for young players.

Thoughts?

Yes. Please define 'hit and miss at best'. Thank you.

Last edited:

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I agree that the program is just fine, but I also believe that there were several questionable omissions from this WJC team. Johnson, and Thelen to name a few that could have helped that US blueline that was often victimized throughout.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Douggy said:
I hope people realize that he is joking.

Not joking. Just asking questions.

Is it not customary for organizations to thoroughly review how they go about things after not achieving the results they had hoped for?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Bicycle Repairman said:
Not joking. Just asking questions.

Is it not customary for organizations to thoroughly review how they go about things after not achieving the results they had hoped for?

Like winning the gold at last years WJC?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Honestly, I think the NTDP, is a great stepping stone to something that will be great for American hockey. USA hasn't had these kinds of prospects in a LONG time, and is on the upswing for sure.

USA is finally developing solid prospects, as well as some VERY good top end talent. Phil Kessel, Jack Johnson, Joseph Palmer, Erik Johnson, Ben Strait, Chad Morin are all great young players that will more than likely go 1st round in 2006, and are currently in my top 30. They also have prospects such as Bobby Ryan, Robbie Schrmep and Kyle Okposo who haven't used the program that are developing quite nicely.

I mean USA won the WJC last year for the 1st time in years, the NTDP is on the upswing, and should not be labelled a "hit or miss" thing.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Fedz said:
. They also have prospects such as Bobby Ryan, Robbie Schrmep and Kyle Okposo who haven't used the program that are developing quite nicely.

Schremp definitely "used" the program, not for his developement though.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Fedz said:
Honestly, I think the NTDP, is a great stepping stone to something that will be great for American hockey. USA hasn't had these kinds of prospects in a LONG time, and is on the upswing for sure.

USA is finally developing solid prospects, as well as some VERY good top end talent. Phil Kessel, Jack Johnson, Joseph Palmer, Erik Johnson, Ben Strait, Chad Morin are all great young players that will more than likely go 1st round in 2006, and are currently in my top 30. They also have prospects such as Bobby Ryan, Robbie Schrmep and Kyle Okposo who haven't used the program that are developing quite nicely.

I mean USA won the WJC last year for the 1st time in years, the NTDP is on the upswing, and should not be labelled a "hit or miss" thing.
Great post. Plus getting rid of Sandelin ?spelling? would cure a minor hiccup. IMO Mike Eaves would have gotten this team back to the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad