NFL: Time to name an award after Belichick and/or Brady?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Or The GOAT Award.

The Baphomet Award

upload_2019-2-27_9-20-41.jpeg

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
There's no precedent to naming awards after people, I see no reason for that to change. The one exception being the Walter Payton Man of the Year but unless I'm mistaken that was created with him in mind, not a pre-existing award that they later re-named after him.
They renamed the trophy for winning the SB to the Lombardi Trophy.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
They renamed the trophy for winning the SB to the Lombardi Trophy.
I guess, but it was only a few years into existence, re-named to the guy who won the first two SB's ever, was considered the greatest coach of all-time, and died at a young age of cancer. Belicheck can only make a claim for one of these things, and even so, only arguably. As I said earlier, The time to do it would be after their passing, not after their retiring.

Reactions: Voight

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I think we all know Manning is the GOAT cheater. I mean blaming your PED use on your wife is epic!

Is it more epic than saying you called a ball boy the deflator because he's losing weight?

We need an HF poll tournament of all time best cheating excuses.

We could get in Cushing's "overtrained athlete syndrome" or expand to other sports: Ronaldo and Messi I didn't know I had to pay taxes.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Is it more epic than saying you called a ball boy the deflator because he's losing weight?

We need an HF poll tournament of all time best cheating excuses.

We could get in Cushing's "overtrained athlete syndrome" or expand to other sports: Ronaldo and Messi I didn't know I had to pay taxes.

There was no proof Brady did anything. A scientist even proved the balls could naturally lose air.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
There was no proof Brady did anything. A scientist even proved the balls could naturally lose air.

It has nothing to do with proof. We were discussing crazy lies while caught cheating.

Saying you call someone the deflator because they lost weight is crazy. Just like Cushings lie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->