Time to let the PLAYERS VOTE on Salary Cap Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
I think if you take Godnow out of the picture and let the players vote to decide whether or not to work under a salary cap we would have NHL hockey within weeks rather than months or years. Time to let the players make their own decisions. Something tells me they would rather be playing NHL hockey with a 10-20% pay cut than having to sit out a year or two, play in Europe for much less money in most cases or be sent down to lower levels of hockey. PLAYERS, SPEAK OUT. SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
eye said:
I think if you take Godnow out of the picture and let the players vote to decide whether or not to work under a salary cap we would have NHL hockey within weeks rather than months or years. Time to let the players make their own decisions. Something tells me they would rather be playing NHL hockey with a 10-20% pay cut than having to sit out a year or two, play in Europe for much less money in most cases or be sent down to lower levels of hockey. PLAYERS, SPEAK OUT. SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE.
The players have alot of confidence in the NHLPA right now. They will vote the way Goodenow and company tell them to vote. A year from now it may be a different story.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Psycho Joe said:
The players have alot of confidence in the NHLPA right now. They will vote the way Goodenow and company tell them to vote. A year from now it may be a different story.

I agree.

Bob Goodenow has scored a victory last time around. The NHLPA has been spoiled the last few CBAs. They have (and should have) great confidence in their union.

If the NHL had the balls (they don't) to let them rot a year or two, things might be different. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad