Time to Fess up, which player did you have to eat Crow over??

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Thought they were going to be great and they sucked

Brad Isbister - So much optimism with that team coming back from the lockout and I thought Isbister-Thornton-Murray was going to be a big, dominant line. Didn't quite pan out the way I thought it would.

:laugh:

Forgot all about Isbister, seeing his name made me smile.. thanks for memories.

Isbister, Tenkrat and the legendary Stanislav Chistov.... man those were hurting times.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
On a more somber note, some of us "more experienced" fans will remember how refreshing it was watching this kid out of Montreal coming off a solid 33pt season in his rookie year, I believe was on a ppg pace who suffered one of the most heartbreaking, career and life altering injuries one could endure.

Normand Leveille was a heck of a player who this fan was really excited for. Be well Normand

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
:laugh:

Forgot all about Isbister, seeing his name made me smile.. thanks for memories.

Isbister, Tenkrat and the legendary Stanislav Chistov.... man those were hurting times.

I sort of liked Chistov as a Bruin at times. Was a big contributor when Anaheim went deep in 2003, had a few highlight goals here, and played with some grit. Was hopeful he might actually pan out.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I'll bite.

Joe Juneau. Had a 49 jersey and everything. Thought he was the next superstar in Boston after that WJC and rookie campaign. He still holds the record for assists for a rookie. Didn't win the Calder though...

...something about a Finnish scorer setting the rookie goal scoring record that same year kind of diminished his accomplishment....

I cant believe that guy is still playing. What a player, what a career. Wore one of those egg cartons, too.

Not long after coming here someone steered me toward a fantastic interview w/ Juneau. He was devastated when he was dealt. I liked Juneau, too. Those were just ugly, ugly times, Coach.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I cant believe that guy is still playing. What a player, what a career. Wore one of those egg cartons, too.

Not long after coming here someone steered me toward a fantastic interview w/ Juneau. He was devastated when he was dealt. I liked Juneau, too. Those were just ugly, ugly times, Coach.

None worse in my lifetime. Went from consistent 10-20 games over .500 to 20 under during Oates' last years.

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
I totally bit on the Cameron Mann bait. I remember Don Cherry saying on 'Coach's Corner' that he would be the next Doug Gilmour. I wrote columns about him in my college newspaper. He tuned out to be a bum just like everything Bruins at that time.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I got frustrated with Ference's inability to stay on the ice, but knew from seeing him in Calgary that if he was healthy, he would be a contributor. Also knew that he was pretty healthy with the Flames and his injuries here were really flukey ones and not indications of chronic problems.

Took a few years, but it finally worked out for Andy here. Wish him well in EDM, sad to see him go, but realized it was time.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I've only been fooled once in my life. I thought Seguin was going to be a great playmaker, then last year happened. It is now known that he has no hockey sense and no drive. I was right on Krejci, Rask, Hamilton, Spooner, Knight, Caron.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I've only been fooled once in my life. I thought Seguin was going to be a great playmaker, then last year happened. It is now known that he has no hockey sense and no drive. I was right on Krejci, Rask, Hamilton, Spooner, Knight, Caron.

4474214543_43ebb97d0c.jpg

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Heres a couple more for you guys.

Ken Hodge Jr. I have his rookie young guns card from Upper Deck.
30 goals in his first year in Boston and then nothing.

Dmitri Kvartalnov 72 points in 73 games in his first year.

Funny both scored 30 in their first years.

Both only played a couple years and then boom, gone.
I really can't remember what happened to them as it was so long ago.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Dave Scatchard. I really expected big things from him and he came here and sucked tremendously, even if it was for a very short time...

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Dave Scatchard. I really expected big things from him and he came here and sucked tremendously, even if it was for a very short time...

I thought Scatchard was actually decent here (was on pace for a 20 goal 30 assist season), and never understood why they cut bait on him so quickly. Always wondered if there was more going on there than fans were aware of.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I thought Scatchard was actually decent here (was on pace for a 20 goal 30 assist season), and never understood why they cut bait on him so quickly. Always wondered if there was more going on there than fans were aware of.

No clue, but I was a fan when he was with the isle, and wasn't all that impressed when he was here.

Kaoz*

Haven't seen many Hannu Toivonens on here yet... pretty sure 90% of us were wrong on that one.

Stan Chistov, I still blame Lewis.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I totally bit on the Cameron Mann bait. I remember Don Cherry saying on 'Coach's Corner' that he would be the next Doug Gilmour. I wrote columns about him in my college newspaper. He tuned out to be a bum just like everything Bruins at that time.

I remember Mike Bloom being called a "bigger Terry O'Reilly". Harumph!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I would say that the jury is still out on these three...before you pat yourself on the back too much :laugh:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I completely forgot about a recent one...I thought Jagr would be good on the B's in the playoffs.

Well, as good as we expected in terms of goal scoring? No.

But if our best option on the 2nd line had remained Seguin? No Cup run, GD. The fact he could win a battle and maintain possession permitted that line to matter.

So, he ended up factoring in in way we couldn't anticipate.

BudMovin*

I thought we were wasting our time with Marchand on the 4th line to start the 2010-11 season. After his 1 assist in 20 games the previous year I assumed he was going to be an AHLer for life.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I was just as upset. I really loved Juneau in the WJC where he beat Lindros for the scoring title and MVP. His record as a rookie was overshadowed by Selanne and Sinden did his thing when it comes to young talented forwards...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad