Time to Fess up, which player did you have to eat Crow over??

Kaoz*

I was >-< this close to saying Krejci, then the first goal against the Isles yesterday reminded me why occasionally he makes me insane.

That said, that was really only the second time I took issue with him this year for a play like that, and have been nothing but impressed otherwise.... so there may be hope yet.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
For me, it was Adam Mcquaid. I remember when he showed up one night right out of the blue and here he was, his 1st NHL game. The 1st couple games I thought he played well. But then he slipped a little{ sort of like me but thanks to Bill W and Dr, Bob}. I remember thinking " He came into the league outta nowhere and he's now about to leave outta nowhere"!!...That was his 1st season and now I love his aggressive style and feel comfortable when he's on the ice. I believe Seidenberg taught him a lot.. Now both of us have lesser slips whether it be one day at a time or one game at a time..

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I was >-< this close to saying Krejci, then the first goal against the Isles yesterday reminded me why occasionally he makes me insane.

That said, that was really only the second time I took issue with him this year for a play like that, and have been nothing but impressed otherwise.... so there may be hope yet.

If you don't think you need to eat crow on Krejci already you are delusional.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Dude! I loved Kevin Dallman! Underdog and I thought he was going to be a bottom-pair powerplay guy for us for some time. Sucks that he never made it here.

I often wonder what he'd be like in a" spoked B" now. How old is he now, around 32 maybe?? Didn't we ship him to the Blues and he also played with LA?? Memory not what it used to be, age age age...

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I was one of the loudest pro-Marchand voices, and all the negativity drove me nuts. I knew he'd be something special, and an important injection into our lineup. I was furious that they played Whitfield/etc over him in the Flyers series, and said if they don't play the kid after Krejci went down, the series is over.

As for Crow... can't think of much. First thing that comes to mind is that I actually thought Hunwick would have become basically what Krug is to us today. I actually envisioned him being a contributing part of a Cup run on this team.

The one still hanging in the balance is Seguin. I've always thought he would turn into one of the all time greats when he gets older. Absolute franchise player, captain, leader, record-setter. We shall see.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Krejci, I wanted a team with two number one defencemen and I would have traded him for a guy like that.

Also felt he was more like Craig Janney (I hated him) than Adam Oates and would have made a similar trade for an 'upgrade'.

Please don't think I'm critical of your choice, Believe me, I confuse easy!! You say you would have traded Krejci for a #1 defenceman correct?? If so, you must of thought he was a very good player to want a top tier defenceman in return because those never come cheap!!

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
Karums and Mcquaid.

I thought Karsums would be the next Randy Burridge, but he couldn't piece it together.

I thought Mcquaid was a nobody that looked like a giraffe on skates. I'm glad that he was solid defensively and always has one key game-winning goal each playoffs.

Kaoz*

If you don't think you need to eat crow on Krejci already you are delusional.

I'll let you know when I have to, not the other way around... the blinders aren't on yet.

Last years playoffs almost got me on board, then game 6 vs the Hawks his line was absolutely abused sealing the deal for Chicago. Again, this year also almost got me on board as well, but 2 goals in 13 games along with a couple of absolute brain dead plays in front of his own net keep me on the fence.

I do find myself liking his game a lot more so far this year then I did at this time last year though, physical play and consistency and what not. I just find it hard to believe someone so smart with the puck in the offensive zone can be so stupid with it in his own end at times.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'll let you know when I have to, not the other way around... the blinders aren't on yet.

Last years playoffs almost got me on board, then game 6 vs the Hawks his line was absolutely abused sealing the deal for Chicago. Again, this year also almost got me on board as well, but 2 goals in 13 games along with a couple of absolute brain dead plays in front of his own net keep me on the fence.

I do find myself liking his game a lot more so far this year then I did at this time last year though, physical play and consistency and what not. I just find it hard to believe someone so smart with the puck in the offensive zone can be so stupid with it in his own end at times.

Blinders? I love David Krejci, but I, and plenty of other people on this board that love him, criticize him. He has flaws, absolutely.

But you continue to pretend like he needs to prove he is a good NHL player. That shipped sail awhile ago. You forgot to get onboard.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I would hope so. They weren't playing this time last year ;)

Sorry. Just had to do it ;)

Kaoz*

Blinders? I love David Krejci, but I, and plenty of other people on this board that love him, criticize him. He has flaws, absolutely.

But you continue to pretend like he needs to prove he is a good NHL player. That shipped sail awhile ago. You forgot to get onboard.

He plays on the top line of the Bruins and has been a PPG player two of his last three post seasons. If you think my criticism of Krejci equates to me thinking he needs to prove himself as an NHL player (which I've never once come close to saying) you're dead wrong. I simply don't buy into the "he's an elite first line center" rhetoric just yet. I don't cream my pants when he makes a two foot pass in front of the net to Chara like some do, and I don't gloss over the at times glaring issues (when held to the elite first line center standard) with his game. Perhaps my standards are too lofty.

Playing at the pace he is right now is exactly what I'd expect from a first line center in regards to offensive output, it's an offensive pace he's struggled to maintain throughout his career. He'll never be my ideal top line center, I'd prefer someone with more size and ability to put the puck in the net, but if he manages to keep this up I'll have no qualms, and may even begin to gloss over the defensive brain farts as well. Crows in the oven, not quite sure of the portion size yet though.

I hope that clears it up Mike, and thanks for caring good buddy.

I would hope so. They weren't playing this time last year ;)

Sorry. Just had to do it ;)

Come come now Dom, you know as well as I do our calendars don't read like a standard one. Today isn't Monday; it's Day 35, part way between game 12 and game 13. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Kaoz, so you are waiting to eat crow on if he is an elite, top-line center?

Those were your expectations for him? If so, then yes, your standards were too lofty.

I think you are putting things on him that very few people on here do. Has anyone on this forum ever said he is a top-10 center? I don't know, but if they did it wasn't endorsed by this board broadly. In fact, this forum ranks him behind Bergeron.

member 96824

Those were your expectations for him? If so, then yes, your standards were too lofty.

I think you are putting things on him that very few people on here do. Has anyone on this forum ever said he is a top-10 center? I don't know, but if they did it wasn't endorsed by this board broadly. In fact, this forum ranks him behind Bergeron.

Ma boy KrejciMVP did :laugh:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
lol Kaoz continues to refuse to give any credit to Krejci until the day that he is literally a perfect player.

Then when that day comes he will demand 8 million dollars a year and Kaoz will insist on trading him. :laugh:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
"sure Krejci led the playoffs in scoring once...and then did it again with even more points, but I dunno, I just need to see him do that one more time before I'll admit that he's a very good player"

:shakehead

btw, Krejci is the only active player to have led the playoffs in scoring twice.

Last edited:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
"sure Krejci led the playoffs in scoring once...and then did it again with even more points, but I dunno, I just need to see him do that one more time before I'll admit that he's a very good player"

btw, Krejci is the only active player to have led the playoffs in scoring twice.

I just wish he held TS to the same standards that he does for DK.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com

Quixotic quest you're on here, but wish you the best in your efforts.

Based on my years on this board, that argument won't matter a lick.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011

:huh:

Wouldn't saying he is elite be top 10?... unless you have a very broad definition of elite....

I think there are only a few elite players and DK is not one of them, though DK is a genuine #1 center in my opinion.

Kaoz*

Perhaps that's the issue then.

I see elite skill from Krejci so often, and with him getting all the benefits of being the center of the offense in Boston, I guess I just hold him to that expected elite center ideal.

As I've stated numerous times in the past regarding how he's performed to date, I see an elite #2 center, or a serviceable #1. Again, my ideal is an elite #1 so you'll just have to put up with me suggesting we upgrade the position until we do, or until Krejci finds that missing element (which, fingers crossed, he seems to be doing this year).

That doesn't appear to be in the cards however, and I honestly wonder if it's not because of some weird ass regional attitude around the Boston fanbase who more appreciate players that have to work to get to this level but who tend to alienate players who naturally have the skill to not have to. Spooner is on the same trend, I chuckled a little bit when I saw someone mention he should get more time in Provo then watched people lose their ****.

And yes, plenty of people have said Krejci is a top 10 center plenty of times. It's not that hard to look back on either if you are so inclined.

lol Kaoz continues to refuse to give any credit to Krejci until the day that he is literally a perfect player.

Then when that day comes he will demand 8 million dollars a year and Kaoz will insist on trading him. :laugh:

I combined your posts for ease of reading, hope you don't mind. I know I know, "Kaoz posted something on Krejci so gotta get something out there for the masses to read so quick regardless of the fact that I can't literally join together two ****ing coherent thoughts into one post", whatever... I fixed it for you.

As mentioned earlier, the fact that Krejci has lead the playoffs in scoring twice now is the only reason I feel I am close to eating crow on him right now. He was a key part of the cup team (though Bergeron was more key even though Krejci lead the playoffs, and I wouldn't consider Bergeron an elite offensive center either *gasp*) and had a tremendous run last year that made me reconsider the guy. I just see too many weird mistakes you wouldn't condone from a rookie on the ice (again, go back to goal 1 versus the Isles for a great example of this).

I just wish he held TS to the same standards that he does for DK.

My expectations of a 21 year old with 3 years pro experience not playing in the position he should have been tend to be a little more lax then they do of a 27 year old player with 6 years under his belt.

Do you think Seguin should have been held to a loftier standard?

Quixotic quest you're on here, but wish you the best in your efforts.

Based on my years on this board, that argument won't matter a lick.

Thanks for your contribution Kirk. While I tend to expect more from the "old guard" on the board then a cheerleading post for someone whose touts their own similar ideals, at least now I can use "Quixotic" n a sentence someday.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
My expectations of a 21 year old with 3 years pro experience not playing in the position he should have been tend to be a little more lax then they do of a 27 year old player with 6 years under his belt.

Do you think Seguin should have been held to a loftier standard?

You expect TS to become an elite centerman in the league. Nothing wrong with that, I feel that he has that capability. DK is an elite centerman in the league, and you still can't come around and admitting that he is. Perhaps you have a more strict definition of "elite" than most- which is fine. But I can just imagine that if (down the line, as a Dallas Star) TS were to lead the playoffs in scoring twice, you'd be the first one with the "I told you so" argument, citing his eliteness.

In a crow-eating thread, you come in here and say that you're "almost there" when it comes to admitting you were wrong about Krejci. Don't be surprised when people find that to be ludicrous. I just think it's inconsistent and stubborn.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Thanks for your contribution Kirk. While I tend to expect more from the "old guard" on the board then a cheerleading post for someone whose touts their own similar ideals, at least now I can use "Quixotic" n a sentence someday.

Sorry to disappoint you, Kaoz. When you're finished whining, maybe you can make some more salient points on this thread.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Tomas Kaberle is the player I think of that I was probably the most wrong about. Other opinions of mine I think I have been fairly correct. Thought the Bruins dumped Sturm a year too late,was in favor of losing Savard during his last year here,favored the trading of TT at his peak,huge supporter of Rask since his historic save% season. Was not behind Derek Morris or Joe Corvo. Was not in favor of losing Kessel but saw enough of Seguin. Have considered Krejci a frontline center for 5 years. Like Ryder,like Wheeler but saw him as a misfit here. Never a fan of Peverley and thought Recchi was vastly overrated here. Still think Bourque was victimized by 2 woefully performing teammates,one who has been traded. Right now I have no problem with the entire squad but I have my doubts about Krug all around.

And the biggie,I was not a Julien fan til after the Neely intervention. I've been silenced.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad