Time to Fess up, which player did you have to eat Crow over??

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Tim Thomas - I always thought he was a little too emotional and amped up to win “the big one” because it seemed like he would always give up a big goal at the worst time. That may have been perception rather than reality but I wouldn’t have complained if they put Rask in net for game 3 vs MTL. Boy am I glad they didn’t make that switch.

Daniel Paille – This one is a little tricky. I absolutely couldn’t stand him early on because he would always find new and creative ways to kill an offencive rush. However, he has found a nice spot as fourth liner and he is phenomenal there. I love the guy now…..still don’t want him in a role that would require him to score more though.

Oh, I almost forgot Horton. I had high hopes when he came over but he frustrated me like crazy during that first year.....and every year following.....but he came up big in the playoffs.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I hated on Paille so hard but it was a confidence problem. Once he got comfortable, his hands got so much better. I swear, when he got to Boston he couldn't catch a pass.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Paille-up until the Cup run I kind of viewed him as a waste of cap space and a player easily replaced. I think he has found his niche on our 4th line and is a very high hockey IQ guy-if he had the hands to go with the IQ and speed he would be listed among elite left wingers in the NHL-sadly the hands are still made of stone.

Bartkowski-now I don't think he is slated to be the next Chara but after the first few call ups all I could think when a D-man got injured was "anybody but Bart" but he has really come a long way and IMO is an NHL capable defenseman-I think he will mostly be a bottom 3 kind of guy but before the playoffs I thought he was borderline/likely AHL. I am actually pretty glad we still have him and we got Iginla for this season for nothing.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You know me...I like them all.

Ryder did surprise me with his excellent playoffs. I wanted him back.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

It's Krejci in many ways for me.

1. I didn't think much of him as a prospect. Didn't think he was going to make an impact at the NHL level, but would rather be an AHL star.

2. I wanted to keep Kessel over him the offseason when they were both up for new contracts and we didn't have room.

3. I didn't have him as a member of the team's core until last offseason.

He's proven me wrong time and time again. And I'm incredibly happy he has. Guy is a gem and one of the reasons I have the confidence I do in these Bruins. Would take a mint for me to be okay with dealing him now.

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
Petr Kalus.

I thought this kid was outstanding and he was the last cut in his 1st training camp after the 1st lockout.

He played well for the B's when he got called up, but that trade to Minny for Manny Fernandez killed his career as an NHL player. Kevin Constantine ruined quite a few prospects playing in the AHL.

I wish we could take that trade back as we didn't even need Fernandez with Thomas stepping up his game at the time.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
1. Ference's contract - I thought it was insane at the time (even though I liked him as a player) and that it would come back to bite them. Wrong.

2. I thought Caron would become a legit top 9 guy or better - jury might still be slightly out on him, but at this point pass the crow.

3. January 8, 2011 - the day I officially lost patience with Julien and wanted him gone, after blowing that 2-0 lead late in Montreal to lose in OT. I can still recall my seething anger that night. All was well as of game 7 against the Habs on April 27, 2011 and beyond, however.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Neely - I can't believe we dealt away a 40 goal man, not to mention Middleton's partner in crime, for this nobody. Then I watched in shock along w/ my high school linemates as Neely smoked the same guy twice on his first shift. I mean really SMOKED him, boards and glass bending, etc. Love at first sight.

Steve Kaspar - I thought the Bobby Carpenter deal made us better. We lost Miller as well, and morale in the room took a big hit that season. Carpenter never amounted to what he could have been in Boston. It ended up being the Poulin deal that ensured we returned to the finals.

Thornton - Wasn't in love w/ the teams we built around him, especially after the lock out. However, what hasn't he had around him in San Jose? Loaded from the get go, utterly set up for success from the time of the trade. Joe's playoff history has proven me wrong. Passenger, not a driver. As someone I respect put it - Not the guy you hitch your wagon to.

Tim Thomas - Wasn't exactly a believer at first, half the time the cat ended up in loge if he had to come across the crease in a hurry. Then he reeled it in, and really honed his game, and eventually won that first Vezina. Wasn't hard to see he was a winner after that. But unlike some, I swallowed my pride and enjoyed the rest of the ride he took us on.

Krejci - Thought he was too slow and too slight to survive, let alone produce in the playoffs when things tighten up. Thought asking him to be a #1 centerman after the loss of Savard was too tall an order. He's proven to be a playoff stud.

Ryder - No one should be too hard on themselves over Ryder. Who could have possibly predicted that this dude could go from being the invisible 4 million dollar man to playoff hero? If there's anyone to blame, it's Ryder himself.

Horton - I expected more from him in terms of generally contributing on the forecheck, and manufacturing offense. But his knack for scoring in the playoffs is undeniable. Was sorry to see him go in the end.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I agree with everything except the acceleration. If he doesn't have it revved up when he skates into a back pass, he's got very little going forward. His late-man jumps look good, but he's a slow QB. You can really see it when he's backpedaling the puck off the wall into a shooting area. Lots of movement and energy, but the body isn't changing its location at NHL pace.

I am going to watch for tbat(Krug backpedaling).I am sure you are correct,you seem to know your stuff.All in all though,I know when I watch Krug,overall,I see a very skilled skater.He is slowly becoming my favorite player, no doubt because when I played hockey,I was always the little guy who no one thought could play and compete.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Dennis Wideman, thought he was going to be the B's longterm puck mover.

Also Seguin, but I really thought he was the B's best player in that Washington series 2 years ago. Thought he was developing the leadership and drive he needed to be Bruins best player. I was really surprised by his negative turn around and off ice issues last year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Though Bartowski was horrible. Has been extremely solid in the last year though when we've seen him.

Chara's first season I thought he stunk and would have taken Redden if I could.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
absolutely hate to say it now... but i used to lose it over mark recchi's playing time in '09-'10. boy did i have it wrong.

I liked Recchi for what he was doing in his 40's but I remember being frustrated with him at times. However he came through in many ways during the Cup run-he was the guy who started in on Burrows over the bite-and once he started he got everyone involved-love the way he stood up for the integrity of his center. I also admit the whole Dr. Recchi thing made me laugh.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Kevin Dallman.

Guy was a force in Providence (and now the KHL as well), but could never translate his play up to the NHL level.

Thought for sure he's be the next Brian Rafalski ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad