Time to Fess up, which player did you have to eat Crow over??

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Simple question, I`m guessing this one will have a lengthy list if were all being honest:)

For me, I was loud about my belief Marchand would do anything at the NHL level, struggling right now but still ate alot of Crow over him

Krejci, man did this guy irritate/frustrate me to the point that I was willing to drive from Nova Scotia to pick him up, and drive him to the airport, couldn`t stand the far too long stretches of him having no impact on a game especially when I knew he was capable of so much more.

Last year he was incredibly consistent, and it was buffet time for me, and can`t say one bad thing about his early season start.

Crow time again

Have fun

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Not a player, but Claude for me. I said I would have fired his a$$ right after game seven against the canucks, but he continues to frustrate me to no end. Have to say now I have mellowed to his decisions, (he did win a cup and make the final), hate it when he sits Dougie for Bart but got to admit he is usually spot on and he is not afraid to make the tough decisions, that is what has proven to be the main factor in his ability to coach these guys to their highest levels.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Rask, at one point in time. When Thomas left, I was really worried that the guy didn't have the "mental" stability to handle playoff games (yes, I was one of those who had an incredibly sour taste in my mouth after the Flyers series). Now, I love the guy. Definitely our future in net for a long time.

A Healthy Kelly*

I never expected Marchand to be in a consistent top-six role or to produce as he has offensively; expected him to be Sobotka 2.0 with better hands and a bigger mouth at this level.

edit: i understand he started this season on the "3rd line", but given the depth up front i think that's a relative observation

Last edited by a moderator:

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I don't generally criticize players much as I don't really know squat regarding actual hockey play. However Claude I have criticized plenty, so he would be my mouthful of crow.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
last season's Jagr.........oh wait I was right he sucked

I would have to say stone hands Paille. Thought he would not do much to help the Bruins when he came over but man does he fit on this team.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Hmm ... not a word about Caron ... guess his detractors are looking at his 1-0-1 -1 line in 8 GP and thinking "just a few more games" and it'll be same story, different year. If so, they'll be right, sort of.

I'll admit entering non-plussed about the sweeteners Boston got in with Eriksson, but Reilly Smith has been fairly sparky thus far.

Where it concerns the question, clearly Krug for me. Looking at his open-ice speed disadvantage, I'm thinking this kid's got little chance once the book is out at being successful in this role for a Cup contender, but he continues to amaze. It's early yet, but Krug is such a competitor and so tough in battle that you can't help forgetting about an ideal situation speed-wise and just flat-out enjoying watching him play. Terrific character.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
For me,definitely Rask.I never thought he could reach the level Thomas did.Although I don't think we will ever see goaltending like we did from Thomas in 2010-2011,Rask is an outstanding goalie,one of the best,if not the best in the NHL right now.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hmm ... not a word about Caron ... guess his detractors are looking at his 1-0-1 -1 line in 8 GP and thinking "just a few more games" and it'll be same story, different year. If so, they'll be right, sort of.

I'll admit entering non-plussed about the sweeteners Boston got in with Eriksson, but Reilly Smith has been fairly sparky thus far.

Where it concerns the question, clearly Krug for me. Looking at his open-ice speed disadvantage, I'm thinking this kid's got little chance once the book is out at being successful in this role for a Cup contender, but he continues to amaze. It's early yet, but Krug is such a competitor and so tough in battle that you can't help forgetting about an ideal situation speed-wise and just flat-out enjoying watching him play. Terrific character.

Krug's skating ability is comparable to Wayne Gretzky. Not much straight line speed but outstanding balance,maneuverability and agility.He also has very good acceleration and it is not like he skates in a straight line that much anyway.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Hunwick, thought he could have been legit #2/3 offensive DMan... it was Hunwick and his subsequent crash to earth which made me wary of jumping on the Krug bandwagon... however it's apperent these 2 are not a like at all.

Krug is awesome, Hunny is flipping burgers.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I don't think I spewed this BS on HF, but I was telling friends how Kreider was going to be a superstar for the next 15 years. Alcohol may have been a factor in my initial proclamation, however I have no excuse for not eating crow sooner.

Ahh, I actually feel better.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Although I still don't like some of us shenanigans, I was way off on Marchand. I thought he was all hustle but zero skill.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Krug's skating ability is comparable to Wayne Gretzky. Not much straight line speed but outstanding balance,maneuverability and agility.He also has very good acceleration and it is not like he skates in a straight line that much anyway.

I agree with everything except the acceleration. If he doesn't have it revved up when he skates into a back pass, he's got very little going forward. His late-man jumps look good, but he's a slow QB. You can really see it when he's backpedaling the puck off the wall into a shooting area. Lots of movement and energy, but the body isn't changing its location at NHL pace.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Hunwick, thought he could have been legit #2/3 offensive DMan... it was Hunwick and his subsequent crash to earth which made me wary of jumping on the Krug bandwagon... however it's apperent these 2 are not a like at all.

Krug is awesome, Hunny is flipping burgers.

If Krug had Hunwick's stride, he'd have been a lottery pick playing for someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad