Line Combos: time to do something different

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like to see line change . I wont to at least 1 good line
Bertuzzi-Larkin- Nyquist
Mantha has so much potentials , but he plays like he doesn't care , for last time do something about him , put him in 3rd line , sit him a game when Frk or Svechnikov available
Abdelkader is Cleary 2.0 , can we get 4th rounder for him?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Bertuzzi-Larkin- Nyquist
Mantha has so much potentials , but he plays like he doesn't care , for last time do something about him , put him in 3rd line , sit him a game when Frk or Svechnikov available

We would have to give a very high pick.. maybe a 2nd or even a 1st and retain salary to even get someone to not hang up the phone on us for a trade with the names Abdelkader or Neilsen involved. They both hold negative value at this moment... solid seasons could help but at this point both are a burden of a contract and arent worth likely half what they are paid.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
We're re-building, contracts like Abby's an Neilsen's don't matter. Some teams take on contracts like that when they are re-building if it means they can acquire picks because in a re-build, cap typically doesn't matter.

To trade away these contracts and give up picks in the process would be an awful move.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine
Oct 18, 2006
We literally have so many useless forwards. Doesn’t matter what we do. Mantha is a floater, Nyquist can’t really score anymore, Neilson is a joke, Helm, Abdelkader and Glendening should be stapled to the 4th. We’re a mess.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We're re-building, contracts like Abby's an Neilsen's don't matter. Some teams take on contracts like that when they are re-building if it means they can acquire picks because in a re-build, cap typically doesn't matter.

To trade away these contracts and give up picks in the process would be an awful move.
it was sarcasm

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
chairs.jpg

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Bertuzzi-Larkin- Nyquist

Blashill might want to give it a few more games but then bring the hammer down on who is going right now and who isn't. Forget Holland, Draper, whoever is in his ear. Forget what positions players used to be able to fill, any notion of the past.

If Mantha isn't looking hot ATM then yes, Bertuzzi to the top line. Scratch Vanek for Frk. Promote Ehn over Nielsen, Abdelkader, and Helm. Blashill's got to show some desperation. They may only be chairs on the Titanic but wouldn't you rather a pretty view of the sunset at the ship sinks below the waterline?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Although Rasmussen has looked lost most of the time, I would like to see him play with Larkin and Nyquist.

Mantha needs his annual reality check and Rasmussen needs time with our two best puck possession forwards.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Put mantha at center and make him work. I know he ain’t a center but if you put him there maybe it will make him work because you can’t float as much in the middle. This teams a mess tho

Reactions: Filppula

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Some players just won't look very good on a bottomfeeder that keeps getting outplayed, outshot and outscored.

Mantha right now looks miserable and lacking in confidence. It happens. Even guys like Mckinnon and Hall looked pretty bad until the situation around them improved and their numbers skyrocketed. I don't see any reason to demote Mantha, and Nyquist won't do anything better than Mantha does. To start winning some games this team needs to get a little healthier and start finding some confidence.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Some players just won't look very good on a bottomfeeder that keeps getting outplayed, outshot and outscored.

Mantha right now looks miserable and lacking in confidence. It happens. Even guys like Mckinnon and Hall looked pretty bad until the situation around them improved and their numbers skyrocketed. I don't see any reason to demote Mantha, and Nyquist won't do anything better than Mantha does. To start winning some games this team needs to get a little healthier and start finding some confidence.
Both Mckinnon and Hall were trying hard and that is a difference between them and Mantha . I fill bad for Larkin who looks frustrated playing with floater

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Both Mckinnon and Hall were trying hard and that is a difference between them and Mantha . I fill bad for Larkin who looks frustrated playing with floater

Another BIG difference is that Hall and McKinnon are elite Hart level talents.
Also, wasnt lack of effort a knock on Hall in Edmonton?

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I bet if Mantha had a few more points people wouldn't be complaining about him being a lazy floater, his effort hasn't even been that bad, he needs to work on finishing and hitting the net on his scoring opportunities, because they have been there.

I would really like to know who you guys think has actually played well enough to be an effective top liner scorer, Bertuzzi? Dude has had like 3-4 scoring opportunities in 5 games, classic case of looking at points and not accounting for puck luck over a small sample size. Not saying Lil Bert can't be very effective, but he's gonna have to pick it up to keep up anywhere close to his output.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nothing about points all About efforts. I only ask to sit Mantha for couple of games

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
what Mantha needs is a better coach

i've said for years that if Blashill is here long enough he would probably ruin one of Larkin/Mantha and I feel like if he's here for the whole year Mantha might go down that path

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
what Mantha needs is a better coach

i've said for years that if Blashill is here long enough he would probably ruin one of Larkin/Mantha and I feel like if he's here for the whole year Mantha might go down that path
Blush is not a good coach but Mantha is pro , he has to play like one . Lately he likes to shoot from outside , Frk can do it better

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Blush is not a good coach but Mantha is pro , he has to play like one . Lately he likes to shoot from outside , Frk can do it better
Lol no no he can't! I think the point is Mantha is not progressing/ out growing bad habits under Trash, No even if we want to trade him at some point would it not be better to ditch the bad coach? we saw this last year and the year before the team just does not play for this guy.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Lol no no he can't! I think the point is Mantha is not progressing/ out growing bad habits under Trash, No even if we want to trade him at some point would it not be better to ditch the bad coach? we saw this last year and the year before the team just does not play for this guy.
Mantha has talked about seeing a sports psychologist. He and Blashill had a well publicized meeting last year. This has been a career long issue.

Why does Blashill own this ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->