Time to Bring Back the Originals

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Looking back at these I think my preference for the jersey is more nostalgia than anything else. The logo looks... special? Like it's more of an artsy-fartsy rendition of a shark. It's weird. I wish they would do something with the current practice-jersey-looking jerseys, but I don't think they should go back to these. Every now and again, sure. Not full time.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Looking back at these I think my preference for the jersey is more nostalgia than anything else. The logo looks... special? Like it's more of an artsy-fartsy rendition of a shark. It's weird. I wish they would do something with the current practice-jersey-looking jerseys, but I don't think they should go back to these. Every now and again, sure. Not full time.

It's striking and simple. Looks great and pops against teal or white. The new one is just too busy for me, but I do like it - just not as much.

TealTown22

Mar 26, 2013
San Jose, CA
www.tealtownusa.com
Mockup-BG-1991-Dark-FINAL-800x800-WM-768x768.png

http://tealtownusa.com/2020/04/sharks-30th-anniversary-warm-up-jerseys-part-1-of-3/

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm probably in the minority but I never liked those lol

Too much bling

The second gen jerseys are my least favorite specifically because of the grey stripes down the arms of the teal jerseys, they looked like practice jerseys

The white ones were pretty sleek though

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
The second gen jerseys are my least favorite specifically because of the grey stripes down the arms of the teal jerseys, they looked like practice jerseys

The white ones were pretty sleek though
I don't know how many practice jersey's you've seen but they don't look like that. The current ones more closely resemble practice jersey's than any of the others. Well, anyway, there's no accounting for taste. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
YES! The old shark logo just looks moronic.

Hmm. Hockey News ranked the original sharks jersey not only -not- moronic, but actually pretty good. And by pretty good, I mean "The #1, best hockey uniform of all NHL Teams OF ALL TIME" (no exaggeration)

Hockey News Ranks Sharks Jersey No. 1 of All-Time

So... you have to understand, when you say it looks moronic...

1d5.jpg

20151012-hockey-news-article-2.jpg

20151012-hockey-news-article-3.jpg

hockey_news.jpg

"Though the logo has been altered in recent years, the original shark crest was perfect. San Jose may not have popularized the use of a triangle as background, but the way the shark is springing out is fantastic. The teal blue is definitely bold, and San Jose owns that color (red, on the other hand, could make you think of Chicago, Montreal or Detroit). The secondary logo, a cutting fin on the shoulder, is also an amazing mark. This jersey could have been used for decades and no one would call it out for being dated. Simply put, it's flawless. The stripes aren't busy and, in an era where garishness took over, the Sharks kept it classy." - Hockey News, Oct 13 2015

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hmm. Hockey News ranked the original sharks jersey not only -not- moronic, but actually pretty good. And by pretty good, I mean "The #1, best hockey uniform of all NHL Teams OF ALL TIME" (no exaggeration)

1d5.jpg

20151012-hockey-news-article-2.jpg

20151012-hockey-news-article-3.jpg

hockey_news.jpg

"Though the logo has been altered in recent years, the original shark crest was perfect. San Jose may not have popularized the use of a triangle as background, but the way the shark is springing out is fantastic. The teal blue is definitely bold, and San Jose owns that color (red, on the other hand, could make you think of Chicago, Montreal or Detroit). The secondary logo, a cutting fin on the shoulder, is also an amazing mark. This jersey could have been used for decades and no one would call it out for being dated. Simply put, it's flawless. The stripes aren't busy and, in an era where garishness took over, the Sharks kept it classy." - Hockey News, Oct 13 2015

Hockey news credibility gone.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

:laugh::laugh: Yeah ok buddy. o_O Whoever wrote that for the Hockey News is a moron. :help: Talk about discarding an opinion... :laugh: Now I would agree about that jersey IF the new sharks crest didn't exist. But that new crest is one of the single greatest upgrades to a jersey ever. If a toddler was trying to draw the new crest you would likely end up with something that looks almost identical to the old crest. It looks stupid now. That old jersey with it's Boston Bruins styling is awesome though. Easily my 2nd favorite jersey. I would be fine with a return to it with the new crest.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad