Time to Bring Back the Originals

WestCoast

Oct 25, 2006
upload_2020-8-23_10-16-55.png

After seeing the Coyotes dawn their classics in the playoffs these need to be our uniforms again!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Out of the 4 generations of jerseys the team has had the originals are still the best

1st gen > 4th gen > 3rd gen > 2nd gen

I would love for us to return to the original look, and we're coming up on 8 seasons with the current kits so I'm sure the team will be changing jerseys sometime soon, but I bet it'll be another new look rather than going retro

Reactions: Sandisfan

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
they look like they were created in the 90's and that is where they deserve to stay. A 3rd jersey that is worn only on special occasions maybe, but back as a full time jersey no.

Aside from the logo, what exactly makes these look more "90s" than the current jerseys? The only major differences are the logo and the laces. I'd love these jerseys with the current logo.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Aside from the logo, what exactly makes these look more "90s" than the current jerseys? The only major differences are the logo and the laces. I'd love these jerseys with the current logo.
I'd probably say the muted color contrast scream 90s to me. I can't really think of many team kits in sports that aren't using some sort of vibrant set of contrasting colors.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I want these as 3rd jerseys and forever bury Black Armor jerseys and "Black Thursdays." But for some reason, management is against his and especially against the use of the original logo. Ugh.
I'd be on board with this but the blacks make them a ton of money in merch sales.

On the flip side I wish they would experiment on Thursdays with different styles.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
how is everyone forgetting that during the season they wore the throwbacks they lost every game in them!?

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Imo these are classic and should be used most of the time p much forever

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I'd want these with current shark. Old shark just doesn't do it for me anymore, even though i had it plastered all over by walls as wall paper boarders as a child.
YES! The old shark logo just looks moronic. I prefer the darker teal of one of the more recent jerseys too. Still I prefer the Nolan era Sharks jersey over any of them. To me that's the best Jersey they've had so far.
owen-nolan-san-jose-sharks-authentic_1_402a44190c2266eecf3d744bac38d90d.jpg
images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad