Time For Turnover

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Article seems like it was wrote by someone who just jumped on the "Leafs are garrrbage" bandwagon. Next.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
With the fall of the Canadian Dollar, it may not rise significantly either! :shakehead

I remember last year talking about how it's going to slow down, stop or decrease and many people thought I was crazy, and a hater (during the Phaneuf contract talks). The Canadian Dollar as you said affects it huge, and we signed multiple contracts in hopes that it'll keep sky rocketing at unsustainable levels. But why are we shocked, people always spend more than they have now.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
The players union I believe is able to vote on whether or not to increase the cap by 5%.

Not exactly sure how it works since I only skimmed the thread on the Business of Hockey board but I think they calculate what the cap would be from HRR and if it doesn't go up/goes down, the players union can make it go up 5% from the new calculated number. Although it may seem like the players union would automatically do this, it isn't the case since they still only get their share of the pie regardless of cap. So if the cap goes up but HRR doesn't follow, not all the money that the players put into escrow will get returned.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Why does everyone always jump on these articles? I know a lot of them are poor click bate but it seems like when people actually try and put out a decent article it gets slammed no matter what? Embarrassments like Dave Feschuk and Damian Cox can write endless tabloid worthy articles and they get eaten up by Leafs Nation one after another, go figure.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Why does everyone always jump on these articles? I know a lot of them are poor click bate but it seems like when people actually try and put out a decent article it gets slammed no matter what? Embarrassments like Dave Feschuk and Damian Cox can write endless tabloid worthy articles and they get eaten up by Leafs Nation one after another, go figure.

Because trying to put out a decent article and putting out a decent article are different. Also this one doesn't look like he tried. If he does he needs :help:.

And Cox and Deschuk get circulation but doesn't mean anything they write is worth crap anyhow. If you goal is to be at Cox level of writting ability..... you are pathetic

rustysvetz

Dec 16, 2009
Toronto

Good ol interwebs.

Instead of: I disagree with your articles based on X & Y. (Which, funnily enough, would provide constructive feedback to the writer, and may possibly increase the quality of their future articles)

You get: lmao child wrote this anti leafs scum (because its more fun to be an anti-social piece of *****)

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

Because this is already the general consensus from Leafs fans. It's not remotely ahead of the curve or innovative in any way.

Why not just write an article about how the sky is blue? This article would have been interesting and sparked legitimate debate if written last offseason, but not now. It's just kicking a dead horse.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The Maple Leafs second biggest contract lies with Captain Dion Phaneuf at $49 million for the next seven years. Phaneuf has been a heart and soul, grinding hockey player in his time with Toronto, eating up more than twenty minutes of ice-time a game. But unless he can combine that with the goals he put up in his first two NHL seasons, he’s way overpaid and needs to go.

Again, it’s no easy task. A desperate trading partner is the only way to move such an albatross in the next five weeks. If a move can’t be made before then, it must be made in the off-season. One may wonder, “What can the Buds get back?†Probably nothing. But for a team that’s bombing out of the playoffs and still right against the cap limit, the best trade may simply be cap relief.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/weekend-takeaways-6/

Leafs for sale: Interesting to read speculation out of Dallas that the Stars might have a prominent place for Dion Phaneuf on their blueline, noting that the cost to get Phaneuf out of Toronto would be enormously high. Shows the fishbowl of Toronto, with so many suggesting the Leaf captain is untradeable, might skew perception a tad. Unlike Richards, Phaneuf is at the very least a good player in the league, just not the star and captain some wish he was.

I keep seeing is it time for some turnovers, and I'd like apple with cream cheese icing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad