Time for NHL to Announce D.D.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricBowser

Dec 8, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
It is time Gary Bettman announced a drop-dead-date.

It should go something like this...

I am here to announce, if a new collective bargaining agreement is not signed and ratified by the Board of Governors and NHLPA by February xx, I will have no other choice than to cancel the season.

If the season is cancelled, I am compelled to advise the players, a deal made yesterday will be better than the deal offered tomorrow.

We are offering a six year term that can be re-opened by the NHLPA after the fourth season. We are offering the players a payroll range of $32-42 million per team with a luxury tax threshold at $37 million. A tax of 50 cents on the dollar over the threshold will go into the revenue-sharing pool.

We are offering guaranteed contracts in their current form and though we would appreciate the NHLPA to include the 24% rollback in an agreement, we can not allow it to hold up negotiations.

We are offering a 50-50 split in profits over $115 million if the NHL pays less than 54% of the revenues toward player costs.

We are offering to create a jointly appointed audit system to control team financial reports and penalties for teams who misrepresent the mandatory figures.

We are offering to create a jointly appointed committee to market the game on and off the ice. To help improve game rules to better entertain the games and make the game more enjoyable and safe to play on the ice

We are offering to pay 53% of all regular season and playoff revenues for this season to the players.

We are offering to revise the entry-level contract to enable teams to reward established, successful players. A four year contract capped at a base salary of $850k, $250k signing bonus, and $850k league mandate performance bonus levels is more than fair for a player entering the league. The reduction will allow teams to pay more established veterans closer to the league's average salary of $1.3 million or more.

We are offering to keep arbitration but allow teams to have the same rights as players. The inflationary results of the expired CBA have proven to be an unfair tool for the NHLPA to hold over teams who are trying to properly run their business.

We are offering a tiered qualifying offer system that will not reduce the prior season salary of any player being paid less than $850k. Players between $850,000 and $1.3 million will receive 90%, 80% between $1.3-3 million and 75% over $3 million.

We are offering to reduce unrestricted free agency to any player 30 years of age or older and having served his ELC. Any player who has completed 8 contract seasons at the age of 28 or older can file for unrestricted free agency after the 2006-2007 season.

We are also increasing the minimum salary requirement to $300,000.

If the players agree to the above offer, the owners have agreed to create a revenue-sharing system that will require all 30 owners to share revenues in the regular season and playoffs to pay between $150-200 million into the pool.

This is our best and final offer before the season is cancelled and we feel 100% in our belief that if it does not lead to an agreement, we have done everything in our power to give the players what they have asked over the last few months.

I will refrain from anwering any questions until February xx, at that point if no agreement is in place, I will be more than willing to answer all your questions, until then the clock is ticking and everyone has work to do.

Thank you

Mountain Dude

I would cancel this season and next though, but aside from that I liked your proposal.

Crazy Lunatic

I would rather he just announce that the league is unable to work with this particular union and has decided to close its doors. Then he can wish NHLPA members good luck in their future jobs at Tim Hortons.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Crazy Lunatic said:
I would rather he just announce that the league is unable to work with this particular union and has decided to close its doors. Then he can wish NHLPA members good luck in their future jobs at Tim Hortons.
feb 14 - lotsa links - look for em

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
EricBowser said:
It is time Gary Bettman announced a drop-dead-date.

It should go something like this...

I am here to announce, if a new collective bargaining agreement is not signed and ratified by the Board of Governors and NHLPA by February xx, I will have no other choice than to cancel the season.

If the season is cancelled, I am compelled to advise the players, a deal made yesterday will be better than the deal offered tomorrow.

We are offering a six year term that can be re-opened by the NHLPA after the fourth season. We are offering the players a payroll range of $32-42 million per team with a luxury tax threshold at $37 million. A tax of 50 cents on the dollar over the threshold will go into the revenue-sharing pool.

We are offering guaranteed contracts in their current form and though we would appreciate the NHLPA to include the 24% rollback in an agreement, we can not allow it to hold up negotiations.

We are offering a 50-50 split in profits over $115 million if the NHL pays less than 54% of the revenues toward player costs.

We are offering to create a jointly appointed audit system to control team financial reports and penalties for teams who misrepresent the mandatory figures.

We are offering to create a jointly appointed committee to market the game on and off the ice. To help improve game rules to better entertain the games and make the game more enjoyable and safe to play on the ice

We are offering to pay 53% of all regular season and playoff revenues for this season to the players.

We are offering to revise the entry-level contract to enable teams to reward established, successful players. A four year contract capped at a base salary of $850k, $250k signing bonus, and $850k league mandate performance bonus levels is more than fair for a player entering the league. The reduction will allow teams to pay more established veterans closer to the league's average salary of $1.3 million or more.

We are offering to keep arbitration but allow teams to have the same rights as players. The inflationary results of the expired CBA have proven to be an unfair tool for the NHLPA to hold over teams who are trying to properly run their business.

We are offering a tiered qualifying offer system that will not reduce the prior season salary of any player being paid less than $850k. Players between $850,000 and $1.3 million will receive 90%, 80% between $1.3-3 million and 75% over $3 million.

We are offering to reduce unrestricted free agency to any player 30 years of age or older and having served his ELC. Any player who has completed 8 contract seasons at the age of 28 or older can file for unrestricted free agency after the 2006-2007 season.

We are also increasing the minimum salary requirement to $300,000.

If the players agree to the above offer, the owners have agreed to create a revenue-sharing system that will require all 30 owners to share revenues in the regular season and playoffs to pay between $150-200 million into the pool.

This is our best and final offer before the season is cancelled and we feel 100% in our belief that if it does not lead to an agreement, we have done everything in our power to give the players what they have asked over the last few months.

I will refrain from anwering any questions until February xx, at that point if no agreement is in place, I will be more than willing to answer all your questions, until then the clock is ticking and everyone has work to do.

Thank you

ps I am a ********** for dragging you fans thru all of this, please accept my apology.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Mountain Dude said:
Can you please elaborate? :)
i'll look for em tomorrow - google it - a good start - illitch article last week - hockeycentral sportsnet - i'd use some other writers as sources but the owner guys would fry me - it is obvious though that bettman and freinds want to take the year off - mr healy said tonight there is no reason for the players to take the wrong deal - a guy making a mill would only make 70 k if they went back - more later - c ya

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
Crazy Lunatic said:

I'm sure that the players would love to hear this as well. I suspect that their union is always up for a good unfair labour practices complaint.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Since the league has not yet set a drop-dead date, something that would clearly put a lot of pressure on the PA, there's only one logical conclusion - talks are ongoing without any media knowledge, and going well enough that the league is confident a deal will be reached soon.

Of course, this lockout has been anything but logical, so who knows...

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
mr gib said:
i'll look for em tomorrow - google it - a good start - illitch article last week - hockeycentral sportsnet - i'd use some other writers as sources but the owner guys would fry me - it is obvious though that bettman and freinds want to take the year off - mr healy said tonight there is no reason for the players to take the wrong deal - a guy making a mill would only make 70 k if they went back - more later - c ya
Mr. Healy?? you gotta be kidding-and that quote that 70K is no reason to come back now- just shows what the PA thinks about "for the good of the game" They're all frauds and it is possible that the world championships and the olympics may take the place of the Nhl as alternatives in N. America- but more likely hockey will be near death in the states or on about the same level as soccer (soccer that is a really good compairson)

Mountain Dude

mr gib said:

I think you mean 700 K, and thats what they should be making.

Crazy Lunatic

mudcrutch79 said:
I'm sure that the players would love to hear this as well. I suspect that their union is always up for a good unfair labour practices complaint.

It's not fair... my boss went out of business... make him run his business again... force him by gun point... waaaaaaaaaa :cry:

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
Mountain Dude said:
I think you mean 700 K, and thats what they should be making.
no that rocket scientist healy said on TSN that a player making 1 million a yr would now only take home 70K for the remainder of this season--(it is really hard for me to look at this situation from the players point of view w/ that ****ehead talking for them. the only conclusion i can come to is that the upper half salary players are greedy bastards)

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Crazy Lunatic said:
It's not fair... my boss went out of business... make him run his business again... force him by gun point... waaaaaaaaaa :cry:

I was thinking pretty much along the same lines. The NHL can't even go out of business now with out a PA lawsuit!

:lol

Mountain Dude

snakepliskin said:
no that rocket scientist healy said on TSN that a player making 1 million a yr would now only take home 70K for the remainder of this season--(it is really hard for me to look at this situation from the players point of view w/ that ****ehead talking for them. the only conclusion i can come to is that the upper half salary players are greedy bastards)

Haha, well would they rather make 70K or nothing? :lol

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
snakepliskin said:
Mr. Healy?? you gotta be kidding-and that quote that 70K is no reason to come back now- just shows what the PA thinks about "for the good of the game" They're all frauds and it is possible that the world championships and the olympics may take the place of the Nhl as alternatives in N. America- but more likely hockey will be near death in the states or on about the same level as soccer (soccer that is a really good compairson)
mr bettman wants to take the year off - they are not gonna offer the players anything they can accept - concerning soccer - the fans know the soccer the mls serves up is second rate - when celtic , man u came through 68 thousand in seattle and sellouts in new york -

Crazy Lunatic

Mountain Dude said:
Haha, well would they rather make 70K or nothing? :lol

The NHL has agreed to give players more than 50% of playoff revenue for this season. Healy is either completely ignorant or lying.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Crazy Lunatic said:
The NHL has agreed to give players more than 50% of playoff revenue for this season. Healy is either completely ignorant or lying.

HEY! THE PERSONAL ATTACKS MUST STOP!!!!!

:joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->