Time for Mickey Redmond to retire

CloneHakanPlease*

Meanwhile, John Keating broadcasts with impunity.

My friend's dad oversees the production of some FSN shows. Apparently everyone mocks Keating and Keating never gets the sarcasm :laugh:

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Slightly off topic but didn't Mickey just do the home games only in previous seasons.

On topic. I love Mickey and hope he keeps doing what he does for years to come.

we like our team*

mickey is fine if they're winning or when there's a lot of hitting and fighting. he's obviously starting to slip a bit with age

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
I never laughed so hard when he told Darren Elliot to leave the 'wordsmithing' to him

I wouldn't mind Elliot taking Redmond's job when Mickey is done, he was good in that role with Atlanta before they moved to Winnipeg but I think it will be Murphy who replaces him. Plus I think Elliot will get another job before that happens.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Still enjoy Mickey although I will admit he is getting much worse with the names and some of what is going on.

Have always thought Draper or Osgood would make sense in this role although both have team jobs. Would be interesting to see if they would want it. I think Draper could turn into a great color guy.

RedWingsNow*

If he replaces Emrick full time, that would be fantastic!

Daniels is getting better about not trying to be the color man and play-by-play man... but he's still an insufferable homer.

Zetterberg goes down -- no call...

Well, jeez, Ken, you think that maybe there was no call because Zetterberg fell?

It's no wonder so many Wings fans blame officials for all the teams troubles over the years.

RedWingsNow*

John Keating is trolling Detroit.
It's a brilliant act.

either that or he's seriously drunk and oblivious to the world 24-7

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
You don't have to wait much longer, he is picking up the odd NBC game. I like Daniels a lot and think he is going to a National gig soon.

Daniels is certainly better than Mario Impemba, the Tigers play by play guy on FSD, but I don't think he's anything special. I have definitely heard worse announcers on other teams' home broadcasts, though.

My favorite play by play guy is Sam Rosen- love hearing him call Rangers games.

we like our team*

daniels is good at calling a big goal (i like when his voice cracks) and making things more exciting but there's something about him that's kind of annoying sometimes

i think carolina has the best pbp

RedWingsNow*

daniels is good at calling a big goal (i like when his voice cracks) and making things more exciting but there's something about him that's kind of annoying sometimes

Ken Daniels screams like an idiot when the Wings score.

The word score does not contain the letter A. Someone should tell him.

Aug 6, 2012

I honestly think Ken just looks really annoying.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I love Mick, when his own team makes a mistake he calls them on it, penalties that go our way he calls it. He's wise in the game and honest in his commentary. I can't ask for more from a man.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
Daniels has gotten a lot worse over the years, as far as covering the Wings anyway. I used to like him back in the early/mid 00's, but he's just... I dunno, really grating to me anymore. He's such an unabashed homer at this point, and his dialogue with Murphy is just terrible (part of that's on Murph though, who's got to be one of the all-time worst color guys I've ever seen).

As far as straight hockey coverage goes, though (college, NBC, and the like; basically anything non-Wings related), he's still pretty good. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him move to NBC full-time and getting the bulk of the national feeds. Way better than Doc, at least.

Aug 6, 2012
Daniels has gotten a lot worse over the years, as far as covering the Wings anyway. I used to like him back in the early/mid 00's, but he's just... I dunno, really grating to me anymore. He's such an unabashed homer at this point, and his dialogue with Murphy is just terrible (part of that's on Murph though, who's got to be one of the all-time worst color guys I've ever seen).

As far as straight hockey coverage goes, though (college, NBC, and the like; basically anything non-Wings related), he's still pretty good. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him move to NBC full-time and getting the bulk of the national feeds. Way better than Doc, at least.

Yeah. Ken and Murph are SOOOOO awkward together.

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
I really enjoy Ken Danials. I think that he is the best part of the broadcasts over Mickey. Micky = Jim Price of the Tigers radio broadcasts, both are huge homers and Price will often be eating during a broadcast.

I agree that Keating is terrible for Tiger and Red Wings games, how he has lasted this long shocks me. He comes off as a wanna be comedian who is not funny.

I don't think that Impemba is bad, but Rod Allen is the most god awful annoucer I have ever heard.

I like Ken Kal on the radio.

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
I didn't think this thread could get any more ridiculous, then someone suggested replacing Mickey with Daryl "Razor" Reaugh... I mean holy hell. Talk about eardrum cancer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad