Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You better start lehner next game or he will come after you. :laugh:

BYhE3qoCQAAMjMr.jpg

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, something this team has lacked for a while are players that would step up and win games in the playoffs. Players that would take the extra step with hardwork to add to their skill.

We've added one in Bobby Ryan who's known to step up. Another is Zibanejad and Turris. MacArthur and Conacher also play that way. So do Phillips and Methot.

However, aside from Andy, we've lacked that goalie who'd do the ridiculous to stay composed and win.

Anderson still has had his inconsistent moments but Lehner plays his best against the best.

That is what makes me most excited about our future in goal.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Lehner has let it the odd softy like any other good goalie but ive never seen Lehner have a bad game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Can anyone else see lehner becoming our version of henrik lundvquist in the future?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Oh that's quite the statement.. Lundqvist has been a top3 goalie his entire NHL-career Would be cool though.. he has the tools!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Oh that's quite the statement.. Lundqvist has been a top3 goalie his entire NHL-career Would be cool though.. he has the tools!

That's the thing. All indications are that he has what it takes to become an elite goaltender.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Errmagerrrrrd! Lehner has some outstanding performances to start the season!!!! Ship out Anderson for a star defenceman NOWWWWWW Murray! Lawson is a perfectly capable backup in the NHL!11

Seriously though, relax people. Andy's here to stay for the year.

vermette20

Jun 12, 2007
Australia
Harding has played exactly twice the number of minutes as Lehner, and only has 29 more saves.

Lehner 38 saves/60min
Harding 21 saves/60min

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010
Lehner himself stated that the Senators already have a no.1 goalie and doesn't expect a large workload.

I think instead of a 62-20 split we were expecting, it's going to be more like 52-30 split with Andy still getting the majority.

If Anderson stays healthy, this seems most likely right now, just like Thomas-Rask, Luongo-Schneider, etc etc. Which of course I have no problem with because those duos put up outstanding numbers.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Patrick Lalime started his career 11 - 0 - 1 or something like that. Look where he ended up - mediocre goalie who never won anything. Don't get all high on Lehner when we have a bonafide #1 in Andy between the pipes.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Crazy the difference one player makes

Holy over-generalization, Batman!

Lehner himself stated that the Senators already have a no.1 goalie and doesn't expect a large workload.

I think instead of a 62-20 split we were expecting, it's going to be more like 52-30 split with Andy still getting the majority.

Very encouraging to hear from him. The mark of a pro.

Can anyone else see lehner becoming our version of henrik lundvquist in the future?

You're aware of the immediate connection, right?

The EnigmatiC Soul*

Patrick Lalime started his career 11 - 0 - 1 or something like that. Look where he ended up - mediocre goalie who never won anything. Don't get all high on Lehner when we have a bonafide #1 in Andy between the pipes.

Cause you know, Lalime won a calder and jack butterfield trophy at 19. Let's also disregard the fact that Lehner, now over 30 games in has a career .930 save percentage in the NHL.

You sir really are way out to lunch. Your bias is hilarious. For a guy who plays and watches so much hockey you really are clueless.

Comparing Lalime to Lehner is absolutely a joke. Just like your constant trolling attempts. :handclap:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I think Andy will be a sen until the summer, or next season's trade deadline. The sens need to be balanced in the starts at the very least to make sure andy still has value in a trade, but also because Andy is very good.

I don't know our #3 goalie, but I assume that if we move Andy, the sens would probably hit the free agent market for a cheap serviceable backup to Lehner, rather than call someone up.

Who fits the bill this summer ?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I say hold on to Craig for the season, try to get a 1st rounder at the draft for him.

Anderson + Greening + Gryba

for

1st round pick + Veteran solid all-around D-man

Don't care if need to make 2 trades for that to happen

Lehner is playing amazingly. His rebound control still scares me, but he fights for every inch of that puck.

Needs to control his rebounds better but the most glaring weakness is definitely his play around the net, gives it too many times to the opponent, just like me :laugh:

Never heard of that comparison before :rolleyes:

he will be better then Lundqvist...

Yeah, let's keep the expectations low.

#LehnerFacts on twitter is a good time.

When the boogieman goes to sleep at night he checks his closet for
Alfie didn't want to leave ottawa, but lehner told him to get out of his house

:biglaugh:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Lalime is underrated because of one bad game. He wasn't great, but one most nights he did what he had to do

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Cause you know, Lalime won a calder and jack butterfield trophy at 19. Let's also disregard the fact that Lehner, now over 30 games in has a career .930 save percentage in the NHL.

You sir really are way out to lunch. Your bias is hilarious. For a guy who plays and watches so much hockey you really are clueless.

Comparing Lalime to Lehner is absolutely a joke. Just like your constant trolling attempts. :handclap:

I don't think he is completely out to lunch.

While I personally don't think Lehner is Lalime or ever will be, his point stands. Lehner needs to prove himself over a full season. This year it is his season as a back up, and hopefully next he will be 50/50 or more. And if he continues to prove himself, then that is great. Thus far he has been great... but I'm pretty sure most of us Sens fans mocked Leafs fans for putting huge faith into Reimer after 30 games. Lets not do the same with Lehner.

He's a great goalie, but like Lehner said himself -- he's not the starter.... this year. Andy is a starter, and he's earned it. Even with the losses under Andy's belt this year, its because of shotty D, not Andy's fault.

But Lehner is totally bad ass.... love it!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I don't think he is completely out to lunch.

While I personally don't think Lehner is Lalime or ever will be, his point stands. Lehner needs to prove himself over a full season. This year it is his season as a back up, and hopefully next he will be 50/50 or more. And if he continues to prove himself, then that is great. Thus far he has been great... but I'm pretty sure most of us Sens fans mocked Leafs fans for putting huge faith into Reimer after 30 games. Lets not do the same with Lehner.

He's a great goalie, but like Lehner said himself -- he's not the starter.... this year. Andy is a starter, and he's earned it. Even with the losses under Andy's belt this year, its because of shotty D, not Andy's fault.

But Lehner is totally bad ass.... love it!

Not doubting your knowledge and you make a few good points but you do realize that Anderson's best full year was a 2.64 GAA and a .917 Save % in '09 with the Avalanche when he won 38 games in 71 games. That's a nice year...bordering on a real good year. But other than that my friend, that is about it as far as Anderson's best full season is concerned. Anderson is not your typical #1 and he's very streaky. I think alot of you Sens fans are still enamored and are still thinking how great Anderson was last year when he really was phenomenal. But and this is really really important. He only put up these great #'s in 24 GAMES!!. That is 1/3 of a season. I know Andy has performed well in the playoffs vs my Rangers and last year vs Habs but in reality and I'm saying this as someone who has followed hockey for 30 years, Anderson is just an "OK" goalie. He's far from elite. He's just a guy. And this year let's be honest, he's been for most part "blah"..."meh". He's been OK....nothing great. If Anderson is available, he would be a starter on maybe 1/2 dozen teams in the NHL....tops!. Make Lehner available and I can guarantee you, he'd be competing for #1 job on the majority of them other than teams that have the Lundqvist's and Rasks of the world. Put Lehner for example on a great team like the Blues, I have no doubt that Lehner would beat out Halak.

Lehner has been spectacular. He's been elite like. Guys I don't see how it is not abundantly clear to all of you. Lehner is easily THE better goaltender and he gives your club a better chance to win NOW and if Maclean doesn't give him more than the 15-20 or so games he was planning on giving him, IMO it's a huge mistake. At worst Lehner should have a time share now and by end of year, I'd think he should be the guy to lead your club to the playoffs and Andy being the good soldier and backing him up. I'm sorry, I've watched the two of them play alot and Lehner is ready to take the torch from the very ordinary Anderson.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You better start lehner next game or he will come after you. :laugh:

Did everyone see him walking in to the dressing room before the game? they showed on cbc him in his black leather and crazy mofo look on his face. most badass entrance i've seen of a hockey player. looks like he watches sons of anarchy.

Anyone have a pic/video of that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad