Time for Lehner to start more.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Not that I'm advocating trading Anderson yet, but who does it really matter who is backing up if you have a great #1? Look at all the contending teams, we're all in the same boat. Stalock in SJ, Khabibulin in Chicago, Johnson in Boston etc... Mostly all contenders are ****ed if their #1 goes down. Its a risk they take.
Well I did mind last game when such a backup played and won vs the Jackets. Lehner has been great, but I don't mind the coach's decision.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Lehner gives up the odd bad goal, but he's insane on the PK and always gives you chance to win regardless of what's going on in front of him.

Anderson has nights where he just can't be beat, but he also has nights where he'll put you down by 2 in the first 5 minutes.

I'd prefer Lehner's consistency right now.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Lehner gives up the odd bad goal, but he's insane on the PK and always gives you chance to win regardless of what's going on in front of him.

Anderson has nights where he just can't be beat, but he also has nights where he'll put you down by 2 in the first 5 minutes.

I'd prefer Lehner's consistency right now.

This plus Anderson is what he is, Lehner is still evolving.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Not that I'm advocating trading Anderson yet, but who does it really matter who is backing up if you have a great #1? Look at all the contending teams, we're all in the same boat. Stalock in SJ, Khabibulin in Chicago, Johnson in Boston etc... Mostly all contenders are ****ed if their #1 goes down. Its a risk they take.

Wouldn't mind him as a back up, better than Lawson.

Hjalmarsson, or Oduya available?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I really hope we start him in our heritage classic, just so people look back on it they will be like wow lehner was playing then.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
iKBtEemtRYUxA.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lehner was ridiculous.

Who remembers the argument some presented against him that when he's in net we face 50+ shots cause of his rebound ability, lol.

I ain't ready to make decision about Lehner being number 1 now. Wait a month or two more.

Unless we get ridiculous deal for Anderson(top 3 defender) then do it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lehner is playing amazingly. His rebound control still scares me, but he fights for every inch of that puck.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I say hold on to Craig for the season, try to get a 1st rounder at the draft for him.

Assuming he doesn't crash and burn, he might be worth more than a first. I say this, because the only teams who are going to want him are going to be playoff contenders in the 20-30 pick range.

The Blues have very little cap space. If they have to pass on Halak, or don't see him as a long term choice, they might be a taker. Anderson would be a good one year band aid considering his cap hit is only 3 million. Even if it only frees up an extra 2 million dollars in space, it might be worth it for the Blues.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Lehner was ridiculous.

Who remembers the argument some presented against him that when he's in net we face 50+ shots cause of his rebound ability, lol.

I ain't ready to make decision about Lehner being number 1 now. Wait a month or two more.

Unless we get ridiculous deal for Anderson(top 3 defender) then do it.

Other than blind loyalty and deferring to the veteran, I don't see how Maclean takes Lehner out of the net even when Anderson is healthy again. It would be foolish of him to do so. How does Maclean not reward his stud goalie who just helped his hockey club break a 5 game losing streak by basically winning two games in a row by his lonesome and keep him between the pipes and ride the wave.

Listen, I know you Sens fans don't want a goalie controversy and were hoping and praying that Andy was going to play like he did last year. Well, Anderson isn't playing as well...that's first thing. And secondly, due to Lehner's awesome play,...time for y'all to just deal with fact there is a controversy brewing. Lehner's future has become the present and Anderson needs to take a seat and support the kid no matter how much more money he makes and how much his pride might be stung. Lehner starting gives your hockey club a better chance of winning....simple as that!

Lehnsanity

Oct 10, 2012
Ottawa
Lehner's time has come. Time to ship Andy while his stock is up. Try and send him to the peg for Bogo to get that defenseman we need.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
Other than blind loyalty and deferring to the veteran, I don't see how Maclean takes Lehner out of the net even when Anderson is healthy again. It would be foolish of him to do so. How does Maclean not reward his stud goalie who just helped his hockey club break a 5 game losing streak by basically winning two games in a row by his lonesome and keep him between the pipes and ride the wave.

Listen, I know you Sens fans don't want a goalie controversy and were hoping and praying that Andy was going to play like he did last year. Well, Anderson isn't playing as well...that's first thing. And secondly, due to Lehner's awesome play,...time for y'all to just deal with fact there is a controversy brewing. Lehner's future has become the present and Anderson needs to take a seat and support the kid no matter how much more money he makes and how much his pride might be stung. Lehner starting gives your hockey club a better chance of winning....simple as that!

I agree with this. Lehner is the future.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I think this is happening too.

The next Rhodes vs Tugnutt

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Lehner himself stated that the Senators already have a no.1 goalie and doesn't expect a large workload.

I think instead of a 62-20 split we were expecting, it's going to be more like 52-30 split with Andy still getting the majority.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad