Time for Lehner to start more.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Whatever happened to teams clamping down defensively to help out the backup goalies, or for that matter, rookie goalies?

The guy is averaging 43 shots against per game... That's 5 more per game than the team average, and 11 more per game than Anderson.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Whatever happened to teams clamping down defensively to help out the backup goalies, or for that matter, rookie goalies?

The guy is averaging 43 shots against per game... That's 5 more per game than the team average, and 11 more per game than Anderson.

I'm hoping that all these shots are just going to make Lehner an even better goalie but the team needs to play better defensively as a whole.

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
#Sens updates today from coach MacLean: @CraigAnderson41 will start in goal tomorrow

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Why does it have to be the team? Why can't it be the difference in goaltenders?

2013/2014
Lehner 44 shots per 60 minutes
Anderson 35 shots per 60 minutes

2012/2013
Lehner 35 shots per 60
Anderson 28 shots per 60
Bishop 32 shots per 60

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I want Lehner to be given more playing time between the pipes. He deserves it. His play warrants it. He's better than Anderson or at least he has been this year. Even the most ardent Anderson supporter has to see that as well. It's inevitable anyways and so IMO, time to start the passing of the torch.

Yes I'm a bit biased being a Lehner fantasy owner but from an NHL point of view as well and from observing the two over the years, it's so easy to see how much more talented Lehner is than Anderson. It's not even close and now that Lehner looks like he's got the mental part down pat, I don't see why he can't get more of a share of the net.

Hopefully Maclean after last night's superb performance by Lehner will start putting the wheels in motion for Lehner to get more playing time going forward.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Lehner has been phenomenal this year...and it isn't just us who is noticing. From "executives" to the press to opposing goalies, they all seem to recognize how talented he is. I think the games should be split at the very least from now on, and I can absolutely see Lehner taking over in the latter stages of this season.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
did not see that date on that post i quoted ^^

You need to chill a little bit dude, sure Mac has made some bad/weird choices this season, but you don't have to mock him every time. Reserve that for Phillips/Neil/Kassian/Gryba they can be mocked all the time.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Anderson not expected back at least until weekend. BM on 1200 saying he might start practicing then. (although he is guessing)

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
Fun fact: Since his first year playing in the NHL, Lehner has never had a season save % under .935. He should be given more of a shot to get that save % under .930 where the human goalies reside.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I want Lehner to be given more playing time between the pipes. He deserves it. His play warrants it. He's better than Anderson or at least he has been this year. Even the most ardent Anderson supporter has to see that as well. It's inevitable anyways and so IMO, time to start the passing of the torch.

Yes I'm a bit biased being a Lehner fantasy owner but from an NHL point of view as well and from observing the two over the years, it's so easy to see how much more talented Lehner is than Anderson. It's not even close and now that Lehner looks like he's got the mental part down pat, I don't see why he can't get more of a share of the net.

Hopefully Maclean after last night's superb performance by Lehner will start putting the wheels in motion for Lehner to get more playing time going forward.

Lol a ranger fan demanding we start lehner.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Anderson not expected back at least until weekend. BM on 1200 saying he might start practicing then. (although he is guessing)

This - Lehner is not getting the start because of his 1 - 2 - 2 record to start the season. He's getting the start because the best goalie in the NHL got jacked in the face with a knee. Look at who Lehner is facing the next few games: MTL (meh), FLA (joke), and Philly (meh). We'll see how he does vs Boston next Friday, if he lasts that long.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lehner should start more. He is has been pretty good for us so far.

Last edited:

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Not that I'm advocating trading Anderson yet, but who does it really matter who is backing up if you have a great #1? Look at all the contending teams, we're all in the same boat. Stalock in SJ, Khabibulin in Chicago, Johnson in Boston etc... Mostly all contenders are ****ed if their #1 goes down. Its a risk they take.

WhiteLight*

who would start if lehner gets injured?

Just because Anderson is injury prone, it doesn't mean Lehner is.

How many teams run with 2 #1s? Can't even think of one right now.
How many teams run with 2 #1s specifically to have a 2nd one if one gets hurt? None.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
This - Lehner is not getting the start because of his 1 - 2 - 2 record to start the season. He's getting the start because the best goalie in the NHL got jacked in the face with a knee. Look at who Lehner is facing the next few games: MTL (meh), FLA (joke), and Philly (meh). We'll see how he does vs Boston next Friday, if he lasts that long.

Also Lehner normally always plays versus Boston and he plays out of his mind.

Gotta love Maint trolling :laugh:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Tuuka Rask and Semyon Varlamov are both healthy.
Lehner plays lights out vs. Boston at all times. He only has ONE weakness and that's the shootout. Solution to that? Team stops playing like frelling plugs and wins it for him in the 60 minutes they have to score 2-3 goals.

Lehner will lead us to the Cup, Anderson will just pout and pull the chute with a Pascal LeClaire injury and bail when he gets peppered with quality chances.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
ohh yes trade the starter the backup has one win on the year........
and he is 10-11-6 career.

WhiteLight*

ohh yes trade the starter the backup has one win on the year........
and he is 10-11-6 career.

.938 save percentage since 2011, since he was 20 yeas old.

tumblr_lyjs36gL371qbn857.gif

The EnigmatiC Soul*

Also Lehner normally always plays versus Boston and he plays out of his mind.

Gotta love Maint trolling :laugh:

It's what he does. Guy is really a woman in a boy's body.

Lehner is the future stud goalie of the NHL. Guy's a serious talent. The record he has doesn't hold any credence. Our team's have been awful in front of him most games. Guy's peppered with shots game in game out and all he does is post ridiculous save%. Numbers that on any team with defence that does not give up nearly 40 shots a game, and that record is much much different.

I suppose we should have kept Emery I mean the guy started out 9-0 in his career with a save percentage of like barely 910. 9-0 though!

But who needs logic right Main?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad