Time For A Rule Change

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
I think it's well past time to institute two new rules. I think most fans would welcome these.

ALL goals should be reviewed for ALL circumstances. There are too many bad calls on the ice by officials. There are not that many goals per game and the importance of a correct call is huge.

Coaches get challenges like the NFL

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
No, all goals are not reviewable, there are several discretionary on ice only reviews. Incidental contact & goalie interference, being pushed into the goalie, missed offside to name a few are not sent to Toronto for review.

Last edited:

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
One rule change I would love to see: Under no circumstances can the goalie freeze the puck except maybe on the power play. He has to either play the puck with his stick or bat it away with glove or kick it with his skates. 2 things: would speed up the game and make life very interesting for the goalie and the defense.....;-)))

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No, all goals are not reviewable, there are several discretionary on ice only reviews. Incidental contact & goalie interference, being pushed into the goalie, missed offside to name a few are not sent to Toronto for review.

Sounds very likely this will come to fruition next year. Not sure about offside, but goaltender interference will be.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Remember in the day if the goalie froze the puck behind the red line it was a penalty

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
One rule change I would love to see: Under no circumstances can the goalie freeze the puck except maybe on the power play. He has to either play the puck with his stick or bat it away with glove or kick it with his skates. 2 things: would speed up the game and make life very interesting for the goalie and the defense.....;-)))

The game is interesting enough, this belongs in the category with bigger nets. No thanks

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

Ah I see. I could get on board with goaltender interference/incidental contact. Missed offsides would be getting a bit too intensive.

One call I've always hated was high-stick goals being allowed if it rebounds off the goalie or an opposing player before someone else knocks it in the net.

It'd be nice to have fewer whistles but this won't happen nor would I want it to happen. For fun though, if it was to change maybe instead you just treat it like a delayed offsides at the whistle, the opposing team has to clear the zone and the puck freezing team has to start the puck behind the net in the trapezoid or something.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
someone people believe human error adds to the excitement of the game

i just think it adds to the frustration

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I think the coaches review will likely come next season. But it don't think it should be on everything. just on goals/no goals
I don't think that no goal yesterday would of been reversed. just like the reviews from Toronto there has to be clear and undeniable evidence to overturn a call.
I would want no more than 1 per team though, it would put more strategy into the game on when to use it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad