Boston Bruins Time for a Bruins goal song change?

Do you think that the current Bruins goal song 'Kernkraft 400' should be replaced?

• Yes

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Keep it simple and use 'Dirty Water'
it's an old classic but I think it would create an atmosphere in the building.

Reactions: veganbruin

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's fine as is. It gives ptsd to opposing fans and players. Even fans of other teams admit it is a sick horn and song combo.

The foghorn makes all the difference. We've had the song since like 2001, but until 2008 they had that lame ass train horn, and it sucked. When they changed it in the playoffs in 2008, it made it way more imposing as a combination.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Maybe they could personalize it to the players, like teams do with their walkup songs in baseball.

Let the players pick the song they want used when they score a goal. Sure, there will always be the few occasions where they don't know immediately who scored the goal, but more times than not, it's obvious.

That's not a bad idea. They do the same in cricket too for batters and bowlers. Can't really see it happening in the NHL, but it would certainly mix things up a bit and personalize the game a bit more.

Edit: actually the Caps already do this, so the precedent is there in the league. Strengthens the case for the Bs to consider it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
People seem to be split pretty evenly 50/50 on a change, which I'll freely admit probably indicates that the time for something new hasn't yet arrived, nor is there any one alternative that's really being clamored for. Anyway, I think we'll all be bopping along to German techno for a while yet!

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
That's not a bad idea. They do the same in cricket too for batters and bowlers. Can't really see it happening in the NHL, but it would certainly mix things up a bit and personalize the game a bit more.

Edit: actually the Caps already do this, so the precedent is there in the league. Strengthens the case for the Bs to consider it too.
This is not a bad idea. I hope I like the song Pasta picks cause we'll be hearing it alot in the next 10 years :)

Also, if we do go with a new goal song, it has to be something newer. I know we're all getting older, but we have to believe this will go another 10 years and there will be younger fans coming into the fold. I like the Cars and Boston, but that is going backwards.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
People seem to be split pretty evenly 50/50 on a change, which I'll freely admit probably indicates that the time for something new hasn't yet arrived, nor is there any one alternative that's really being clamored for. Anyway, I think we'll all be bopping along to German techno for a while yet!

I think you nailed it. Don’t change it unless there’s something truly definitively better you’re gonna change it to. There’s so many different tastes (I’ve always championed the idea of “More” from Sisters of Mercy) that I don’t see a solution that really satisfies everyone - while the current song at least has the familiar and positive association over the years.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I love the goal horn and song as they are right now. No need to fix it - nothing is broken.

The horn has a great sound fit for an angry bear, and it comes across nicely on my surround-sound at home. On my usual yearly trip to the Garden, the song seems to be a hit with the crowd in attendance. Good tempo, and seems to get people amped up.

The horn and song remind me of that Feb. 2011 game against the Habs when all hell broke loose and the Bruins won a great game. To date, my favorite regular season game I’ve watched on TV.

Unless there’s something super solid to replace the song with, I think we’re better off keeping it a part of the tradition. They may not post on here like we do, but there are Bruins fans who can’t remember a different goal song.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
This just breaks out to a "what music do you personally want" type thing...and it shows with the varied responses...

I'd rather not be a team who constantly changes things up all the time..

The horn and song are fine.

Maybe when we become some basement dwelling losers for years, then maybe itll be time to change it up...Until then, lets leave things be.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't know how to isolate the drum solo but that was the high point of its use. I believe it started at the 2:00 minute mark and ended at the drum solo....
Kevin, do you remember WBZ playing "25 of 6 to Four" by Chicago? They used the drum solo for most of the intro with Bob Wilson doing the workup to the game? It was great! I also like "Nutty or whatever that Song by the Ventures is/was called. I feel like it was a part of Bruins telecast tradition and some time around the time that NESN came onto the scene they stopped using it.
BTW: The song Telstar by The Tornado's was used IIRC for national broadcasts?
I remember also IIRC Channel 38 did a Bobby Orr video and used their song.

NOBODY CALLED A GAME LIKE BOB WILSON!

Last edited:

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin

If we're gonna change the goal song and use Dropkicks, why not use their Bruins song Time To Go.

Start off at 37 seconds with GO GO BLACK AND GOLD. It has some good energy to it and is definitely unique.

Reactions: veganbruin

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

If we're gonna change the goal song and use Dropkicks, why not use their Bruins song Time To Go.

Start off at 37 seconds with GO GO BLACK AND GOLD. It has some good energy to it and is definitely unique.

As someone who has gone thru the cycle of being the right age to love Dropkick in the Red Sox/Departed time to now being a bit over it... I could live with this after a beer or 8 if I had to. Its actually a pretty good choice, just think as a region we might be Dropkick'd out.

Reactions: Scruffy

OldFESeides

May 15, 2014

Islanders do the same thing with Josh Bailey, they play 'Hey Baby' and the crowd chants "Hey Bailey Ho Ha.I wanna know if you'll score a goal."

Like you said the precedent is there.

The bruins already do something similar for Pasta, just with the jumbotron it's always something that involves someone eating some pasta dish. Last time I went I think it was Michelle Tanner from full house with a plate full of spaghetti.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’ve got my own personal goal song picked out . Whenever we get one , I’m cranking Boston’s Foreplay Long time . I should just put it on repeat . Pasta and Coyle are going to fill the net .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad