DEL: Tim Wohlgemuth

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
What are your thoughts on him? He’s been putting up some solid numbers since last season and he’s only 21.

He’ll be playing for Mannheim next season, which I think will be good for his development.

Does anyone think that he might have a shot at getting into the AHL/NHL? Maybe with a good performance at the WC (if he’s getting the call)?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
What are your thoughts on him? He’s been putting up some solid numbers since last season and he’s only 21.

He’ll be playing for Mannheim next season, which I think will be good for his development.

Does anyone think that he might have a shot at getting into the AHL/NHL? Maybe with a good performance at the WC (if he’s getting the call)?

I think he could get into a similar position as Lean Bergmann. I could see him get signed by an NHL team in the next 2 or 3 years, but would expect him to mostly play in the AHL, while maybe geting a few NHL games.
He may have the same problem I am expecting for someone like Taro Jentzsch that he won't be good enough to make the NHL in a top 6 role, but also not physical enough to succeed in a bottom 6 role.
We'll see if he can take the next step in Mannheim, because just being solid in the DEL even at his age won't be good enough, he will have to be a star player in the league before he can hope for an NHL job.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I going to go out on a limb and say that I think Wohlgemuth is a future NHLer who can play in 3rd and 4th line minutes.

I believe some team will eventually chance it on him and he'll eventually be able to stick thanks to his growing ability to take on lower line responsibilties. The offense he's collecting at the DEL level just now is the icing on the cake.

Reactions: ebergeist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad