Toronto, CANADA
lushop.jpg

wicked
i'd like getzlaf in a leafs uni
i can dream at least

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Leafs are not going to win the cup this year and this shortened year should be about Carlyle getting his defensive system in place.. I would also use this as an opportunity to keep Reimer and see what he truly has under a better defensive scheme and healthy.. if he pans out they may squeek into playoffs or even if he just plays well at least they are covered in goal at 1.8 mil and can focus on getting Perry and some real assets here

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
So when you look at the Leafs roster and compare it to a good team....all you see as being the difference is decent goaltending? Sure.

Where does this idea come from? RR didn't say anything like that.

He said getting **** goaltending is a big issue, and it is, obviously, whether or not the team in front sucks as well is a seperate issue.

stish

I sure hope Burke isn't as delusional as Canuck fans. Some of the proposals that they want are amazing. Bozak, Gardiner and a 1st? :laugh:

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Provided we get Luongo, would we be able to use one of our amnesty buyouts on his contract?

It would be an insteresting scenario where we trade for him, buy him out with a gentlemens agreement that he signs a new contract with us for a very cheap cap hit and a shorter contract(since he's already getting paid his full contract via buyout he should be willing to take a cheap ongoing salary). That would be a very effective use of one of our amnesty buyouts IMO.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Provided we get Luongo, would we be able to use one of our amnesty buyouts on his contract?

It would be an insteresting scenario where we trade for him, buy him out with a gentlemens agreement that he signs a new contract with us for a very cheap cap hit and a shorter contract(since he's already getting paid his full contract via buyout he should be willing to take a cheap ongoing salary). That would be a very effective use of one of our amnesty buyouts IMO.

Buyouts don't work that way.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I sure hope Burke isn't as delusional as Canuck fans. Some of the proposals that they want are amazing. Bozak, Gardiner and a 1st? :laugh:

Hockey Central panel on Sportsnet last night discussed Luongo in detail and that Mike Gillis asking price was steep..

Bozak + Kadri and high pick was mentioned as some of the rumours the asking price from Vancouver.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
With the burke firing, It was reported that burke refused to offer value for luongo, with this change, Expect one of the big 3 in toronto to be traded.

just a guess

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Luongo now has negative value.

Really ,I heard after the Kessel trade he was about to overpay again and thus got fired.He didn't want to give value? Wrong his job was on the line and would gladly overpay,see Kessel trade.This is a great victory today,the morons were overthrown by the wise.:yo:

Party time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hockeyfanz*

Where does this idea come from? RR didn't say anything like that.

He said getting **** goaltending is a big issue, and it is, obviously, whether or not the team in front sucks as well is a seperate issue.

NO I'm simply saying..as important as good goaltending is to the success of a team, its a lot more than that. Can't tell you the number of times I have read on these boards that the difference between the Leafs being a good hockey team and a bottom 5 team is down to the goalies. It is only the opinion of Burke fans....implying that everything else is in place..he just needs Luongo.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
If, in fact, Burke's refusal to make a deal for Luongo played a part in his dismissal.

It's quite ironic that many of the people who called for Burke to be fired are many of the same people who don't want the Leafs to acquire Luongo and that Burke's dismissal might lead to Luongo joining the Leafs.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The reason we dont want Luongo ....

Is the price.With the new CBA his value is negative.Canucks want Kadri and Gardiner.This is reminiscent of the Kurvers for Niedermayer trade or Clark for Luongo,Courtnall for Kordic etc.It will be a horrible trade setting the team back 10 years....again.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Is the price.With the new CBA his value is negative.Canucks want Kadri and Gardiner.This is reminiscent of the Kurvers for Niedermayer trade or Clark for Luongo,Courtnall for Kordic etc.It will be a horrible trade setting the team back 10 years....again.

Wow.. talk about hyperbole.

It would be nowhere near as bad as those trades. Give your head a shake and it would NOT set the team back 10 years.

First of all, Rielly replaces Gardiner. They are similar defensemen. Kadri is whatever. Good player, potentially a great player.

It's a good thing this isn't a baseball board because you certainly wouldn't have liked the Dickey trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad