Former Bruins Tim Thomas

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoyed watching Tim during his days in Boston(and in Burlington) and he was great in the couple of occasions that I met him. I just wish he had gone to the White House for the sake of being with his teammates. Other than that, the Tim Thomas hockey odyssey was quite stellar.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He touched on his anxiety and you could hear it in his voice. Maybe all the jokes about him being a prepper living in a bomb shelter are insensitive.

The man was an inspiration in never giving up on your dreams. He believed in himself and worked exteemely hard to achieve absolute success.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Congratulations to the guy! To this day, when I think of some of the better moments of my time this past decade watching hockey, I can't not hear the words "SAVED BY THOMAS!" thundering in my ears! haha

Reactions: Ladyfan

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
One of the best. He wore his emotions on his sleeve and gave it everything he had night in and night out. I'm not sure i'll ever get to see a performance in the playoffs like his in 2011 on any team, let alone for the Bruins.

Of course his hit on Henrik Sedin, and going after Burrows will live forever. But i still remember Thomas taking out Andrei Kostitsyn after a dirty hit on Aaron Ward in 2009 and loving him then.

One of my fav Bruins all time.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
No different sentiments than many of you. Loved this mans performance and what he helped the team achieve. Glad her got the nod.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
This man was an inspiration and was the main reason I got to watch the Bruins lift the Stanley Cup. He will always hold a special place in Bruins history for me.

Congrats Tim Thomas!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
In my lifetime of being a fan, there has not been a guy more fun to root for.

Congratulations to him and I do hope (perhaps rather selfishly) that he pops up at a Bruins game in the future and gets one last standing ovation from the Boston crowd.

Reactions: Bradely and Ladyfan

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
As everyone here has mentioned, what Thomas did in his relatively short NHL career is amazing. The true picture of perseverance and a true battler. He was his own man then and it sounds as though he still is. That cup will always have his fingerprints all over it.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
He touched on his anxiety and you could hear it in his voice. Maybe all the jokes about him being a prepper living in a bomb shelter are insensitive.

The man was an inspiration in never giving up on your dreams. He believed in himself and worked exteemely hard to achieve absolute success.
This.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I thoroughly enjoyed watching Tim during his days in Boston(and in Burlington) and he was great in the couple of occasions that I met him. I just wish he had gone to the White House for the sake of being with his teammates. Other than that, the Tim Thomas hockey odyssey was quite stellar.
A little boy was sitting front of us after the "not visiting the WH" incident. Timmy was backup that day so he was sitting next to us. The little boy's Dad asked if he thought it would be OK for his son to hold up a sign for Timmy....It said "LUNCH AT THE WHITE HOUSE IS FOR BASEBALL PLAYERS" Timmy smiled at the little guy and knocked on the glass wit his blocker.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Tim Thomas is my all-time favorite Bruin; his accomplishments and story are borderline unbelievable. Journeyman goalie who was constantly overlooked in favor of others the 'experts' believed had more upside, who led Original Six team to its first Cup in 39 years.

As strange as it sounds, I think his Cup victory often gets undermined. Keep in mind I don't live in Boston, a city that has won an unprecedented number of titles the past two decades. I live in a town (Houston) that has more great athletes and great guys but no titles, than you can count - Earl Campbell, Warren Moon, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Yao Ming, James Harden, etc. All close but no cigar.

Without Thomas' heroic performance in 2011, his story would still make a great movie - a Lifetime movie akin to John Scott's. But the Cup changes everything, especially since like the Conn Smythe voters, we know the Cup isn't won without Thomas.

I have too many great memories of Thomas to list, but the first that comes to mind is actually not a particular save. It's his demeanor during the warm-ups in Vancouver for Game 7. He was just basking in the unbelievable atmosphere. He believed he had God on his side and he moved that mountain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->