Votes: 74 77.9%
  • Lucas Raymond

Votes: 21 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Raymond is a more complete offensive player, they are both elite skaters with great hands and vision, but Raymond is a better goalscorer and much better shooter. I also think Raymond is a smarter player who tends to know when to release the puck and when not to, while Stützle sometimes overhandles it too much, from what I have seen. Both are top 3 talents and have great potential and it is extremely close, basically a toss up, but I would go Raymond.

Reactions: d rake

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Yesterday I just posted in the Raymond thread that after watching quite a bit of video on Raymond I feel foolish for having Stutzle 3, he is the 3rd best prospect this year. I feel people are sleeping on him because of the lack of opportunity he received in Frolunda.

That being said I fully expect Stutzle will go ahead of Raymond and I can see why, he's a hell of a player too.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I feel like Stutzle will be a leading Calder candidate next year while Raymond may be a league leader in scoring...in the AHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Raymond is a better hockey player, but if I'm weighing risk/reward, I'm taking Stuetzle. He's more proven in high level pro hockey. I don't think its Raymond fault for the season he had, but he didn't have a good season. Stuetzle had a great season. Success in pro hockey matters. It can't be completely discounted. I think it's incredibly close between these two players. I rank them 3 and 4 in this draft. With my money, give me Stuetzle. With someone else's money, give me Raymond.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think Raymond is a better hockey player, but if I'm weighing risk/reward, I'm taking Stuetzle. He's more proven in high level pro hockey. I don't think its Raymond fault for the season he had, but he didn't have a good season. Stuetzle had a great season. Success in pro hockey matters. It can't be completely discounted. I think it's incredibly close between these two players. I rank them 3 and 4 in this draft. With my money, give me Stuetzle. With someone else's money, give me Raymond.

Pretty much this for me as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Raymond turned out to be the better player but at some point he is going to need to show it more.

That being said I think Raymond might drop in the draft and some team is going to really benefit from that.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I would have Stutzle with a slight lead as well. Youre drafting a likely center that has shown he can be fairly dominant/ a top player in a good mens pro league. Raymonds situation was different but theres more risk with him. He didnt get a lot of ice time, thats not totally his fault but hes also not so dominant that it forced anyones hand either.

The only time you could get a good comparison of them against equal peers was the world juniors and I thought Stutzle was clearly better in that tournament.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Raymond ended up the better player, but I would be surprised if he were drafted first. Theyre close with a slight edge to Stutzle. In a draft, my personal ranking would have Stutzle 3rd and Raymond 5th probably. I think I would take Drysdale ahead of him

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
raymond is disrespected imo. hes pretty much right with byfield and not insanely far from lafreniere imo. insanely good prospect.

but i do suck at prospect evals so whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad