Tim Stapleton - KHL all star

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Great to see Tim doing so well. Leads Minsk in goals (19) and points (32).

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
While he's had a bit of a coming out party, I doubt we'll ever see him in the NHL.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Good for Timmy Stapes! Don't think we'll ever see him back here, but I wish him all the best.

Duir

I like seeing stories like this. Must of been a hard choice family/personal and career wise to travel across the pond for hockey. Good for him.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I always felt it was a confidence thing with him.
He's a good, very fast skater, good hands, hard, accurate shot, there's really no reason why he shouldn't be a decent player.
Size is an issue.

He has nice tools, but he isn't a top 6 player and you need a better 2 way game to play elsewhere.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Happy for "Staplescrub" (copyright John Cena).

At the end to the day the NHL isn't a league best suited for everyone and it is great that he is doing well in another league.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I like seeing stories like this. Must of been a hard choice family/personal and career wise to travel across the pond for hockey. Good for him.

Happy for "Staplescrub" (copyright John Cena).

At the end to the day the NHL isn't a league best suited for everyone and it is great that he is doing well in another league.

These are both my sentiments exactly

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'm glad to hear he's doing great over there. Clearly size was an issue for him in the NHL as he was pretty much only effective in perimeter play on the PP. However, as anyone who went to the Jets skills competition knew, he was the fastest skater on the team, the best puckhandler and one of the best shooters - it's really no surprise he's doing well on the larger ice and in a less physically intimidating system. He also seemed to be really popular with the other Jets last year.

I remember I was the only person cheering for him at the skills competition last year as no one else in the crowd seemed to know who he was (it was mostly families) :laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Stapleton is awesome and according to his twitter he is an awesome person and would be really fun to hang out with. I'm very very happy for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad