Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
resize

Vingt-cinq espoirs des Sénateurs à connaître [PHOTOS]

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Every team has to identify their 7 core players to fill a cap space with their contracts. It is just does not make any sense to pay big bucks 10-12 millions for wingers. And for Sens there is no number one center is coming either on a horizon. It is an incredibly rare commodity. Stutzle must play center and it will be much easier for this team to trade for a number one winger to accommodate his talents.

Reactions: NB613

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
What y'all think point projection for Stutzle next year. If he puts on weight, and plays with a centre he has chemistry with(like Pinto) I can see him exploding.
I don't know what his production will be like but I would like to see some more physicality out of him. He showed some glimpses of it this year but I don't know if he had the strength to really overpower people. If he puts on some muscle mass this offseason then it could add another element to his game.

I also think it is an important element for him to develop because he experienced some stretches where he struggled to score. I think as he physically matures and embraces the physical play he will be able to power himself to the net and score some dirty goals which will help make his production more consistent and limit the length of time he goes without scoring.

I think another important factor is comparing his passing ability with his shot. When trying to predict his production, his shot gives him a lot more control over that outcome. He will generate high end passes but it will be up to other players on the team to capitalize on them so we would also need to factor in how we think Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Brown, Pinto, Sokolov or anyone else he might play with with perform this season. With that stated I do think he will have a very productive year both in goals and assists.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don't know what his production will be like but I would like to see some more physicality out of him. He showed some glimpses of it this year but I don't know if he had the strength to really overpower people. If he puts on some muscle mass this offseason then it could add another element to his game.

I also think it is an important element for him to develop because he experienced some stretches where he struggled to score. I think as he physically matures and embraces the physical play he will be able to power himself to the net and score some dirty goals which will help make his production more consistent and limit the length of time he goes without scoring.

I think another important factor is comparing his passing ability with his shot. When trying to predict his production, his shot gives him a lot more control over that outcome. He will generate high end passes but it will be up to other players on the team to capitalize on them so we would also need to factor in how we think Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Brown, Pinto, Sokolov or anyone else he might play with with perform this season. With that stated I do think he will have a very productive year both in goals and assists.

It’s hard to evaluate Stutzle’s year and possible struggles … no offence came out of anything related to Dadonov and White. Those two were a production black hole and sucked the life out of anything related to scoring.

That leaves us to evaluate his early play with different line mates and his PP time late in the season which was a few minutes a game.

The Sens really need to get someone decent to play with Stutzle.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It’s hard to evaluate Stutzle’s year and possible struggles … no offence came out of anything related to Dadonov and White. Those two were a production black hole and sucked the life out of anything related to scoring.

That leaves us to evaluate his early play with different line mates and his PP time late in the season which was a few minutes a game.

The Sens really need to get someone decent to play with Stutzle.

Ok, so Stützle's three most common centers where Tierney, White and Norris. So which pairing resulted in the most offence,

White and Stützle had 2.48 GF/60
Tierney and Stützle had 2.33 GF/60
Norris and Stützle had 1.92 GF/60

Funny how there were more goals while on the ice with White but you blame him for sucking the offence out. Heck, 2.48 GF/60 is a higher pace than Norris had with Batherson (2.18) and pretty close to Norris with Tkachuk (2.66).

I'm not saying that White's an ideal center for Stützle, he's not, but blaming Stützle production on his linemates is lame.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ok, so Stützle's three most common centers where Tierney, White and Norris. So which pairing resulted in the most offence,

Funny how there were more goals while on the ice with White but you blame him for sucking the offence out. Heck, 2.48 GF/60 is a higher pace than Norris had with Batherson (2.18) and pretty close to Norris with Tkachuk (2.66).

I'm not saying that White's an ideal center for Stützle, he's not, but blaming Stützle production on his linemates is lame.

Too simple an evaluation. Norris is a rookie Center himself and yes, he is way better the White.

No point trying to have an eye test discussion with you but go and google the primary assists that White connected with Stutzle. It will tell you what the eye test should tell you.

Take it a step further and google any primary assist that weren’t accidents from White. You can count them on one that hand.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

I admire your persistence but genuinely wonder why you even bother?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Too simple an evaluation. Norris is a rookie Center himself and yes, he is way better the White.

No point trying to have an eye test discussion with you but go and google the primary assists that White connected with Stutzle. It will tell you what the eye test should tell you.
The problem is your eye test and mine don't align so I bring in fact to support mine. I watched Stützle and saw him doing a whole lot of nothing on his own accord. Some fancy stickwork from time to time, but he wasn't pulling his weight. I don't blame that on Norris being a rookie, or White and Dadonov, I just acknowledge that Stützle himself has things to work on. He tries to do too much sometimes and the play dies off. Not White's fault when Stützle goes one on three instead of passing to an open guy. Not his fault when Stützle looks list in his own end either. The kids a rookie and will figure it out. Blaming his struggles on his linemates though, that's a sign of someone who either isn't paying attention to Stützle, or just doesn't want to acknowledge the kid needs to make better decisions. He'll get there, he has the talent, but he owns his struggles, not White not Dadonov, not Norris, he does.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The problem is your eye test and mine don't align so I bring in fact to support mine. I watched Stützle and saw him doing a whole lot of nothing on his own accord. Some fancy stickwork from time to time, but he wasn't pulling his weight. I don't blame that on Norris being a rookie, or White and Dadonov, I just acknowledge that Stützle himself has things to work on. He tries to do too much sometimes and the play dies off. Not White's fault when Stützle goes one on three instead of passing to an open guy. Not his fault when Stützle looks list in his own end either. The kids a rookie and will figure it out. Blaming his struggles on his linemates though, that's a sign of someone who either isn't paying attention to Stützle, or just doesn't want to acknowledge the kid needs to make better decisions. He'll get there, he has the talent, but he owns his struggles, not White not Dadonov, not Norris, he does.

Ya … I know. Clearly we have different views on hockey and players like White etc. You should trust mine over yours but I get you won’t along without the other 97% here. For what it’s worth I trust your google skills over mine all day.

Stutzle is a D+1 rookie and of course he has his struggles … that is independent of how bad White supports his wingers with possession and distribution.

Two years later some are starting to see some of his flaws … slowly but surely.

If Stutzle gets a new Center clearly the org feels the same. I’d rather bet on that reality that your defence that somehow CW is a capable 2C and not part of that problem.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ya … I know. Clearly we have different views on hockey and players like White etc. You should trust mine over yours but I get you won’t along without the other 97% here. For what it’s worth I trust your google skills over mine all day.

Stutzle is a D+1 rookie and of course he has his struggles … that is independent of how bad White supports his wingers with possession and distribution.

Two years later some are starting to see some of his flaws … slowly but surely.
Ha, funny guy. I'll stick with trusting my ownevaluation of players over yours, lame insults though, that's where you shine, can't get enough of those Costco and ottberia references, knee slapper every time...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ha, funny guy. I'll stick with trusting my ownevaluation of players over yours, lame insults though, that's where you shine, can't get enough of those Costco and ottberia references, knee slapper every time...

Let’s just see what happens with Stutzle’s Center … cheers (with a $1 Gat Costco beer).

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Back on the topic of projection I could see Stützle flirt with 60 points this year. I think ultimately he falls short in a sophmore slumps type season for everyone and only score 55. Then in 22-23 he explodes for 70+ and our team struts into the playoffs.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think Stuetzle is a pretty determined player so I expect him to come back stronger and heavier, both of which should enable him to be more successful in the O zone with moves thathe struggled with last year.

I agree with @Dan Patrick and think he'll be 50 something and then explode in the 22 season

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think hes going to stick at LW and not make the transition to C.

Not because I don't think he can. (I've always felt he could) , but because I think that's the direction the organization will take with him.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Not because I don't think he can. (I've always felt he could) , but because I think that's the direction the organization will take with him.
I tend to agree. He hasn't shown the defensive awareness at this level to transition to center yet, and I think DJ really wants his centers to play a two way game so unless Stützle focuses on that aspect of the game I doubt we move him to center.

Reactions: DJB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I tend to agree. He hasn't shown the defensive awareness at this level to transition to center yet, and I think DJ really wants his centers to play a two way game so unless Stützle focuses on that aspect of the game I doubt we move him to center.

I agree for this year he will be back at LW.. whether he can transition to C in one or two years remains to be seen... As his overall game matures .. that could become a more natural fit.

Reactions: Micklebot

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think he ranges between 40 & 50 pts this yr, if he can stay healthy he could get more. I would like to see him play with L. Brown & Pinto with Pinto handling the defensive responsibilities on that line. That pushes C. Brown down a line to play with Paul & White where they had some success last yr together. If L. Brown doesn't work out for them & there is a high probability that he might not for various reasons than Pinto can be moved to centre & C. Brown brought back up a line.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - L. Brown - Pinto
Paul - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Tierny - Watson

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I think he ranges between 40 & 50 pts this yr, if he can stay healthy he could get more. I would like to see him play with L. Brown & Pinto with Pinto handling the defensive responsibilities on that line. That pushes C. Brown down a line to play with Paul & White where they had some success last yr together. If L. Brown doesn't work out for them & there is a high probability that he might not for various reasons than Pinto can be moved to centre & C. Brown brought back up a line.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - L. Brown - Pinto
Paul - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Tierny - Watson

I can't see DJ trusting a line of two rookies and a Jimmy, even though Pinto looked pretty good for his handful of games.

That's a massive risk for a team that can't risk another slow start to the season without having major consequences come down from the owner.

For Stutzle, I think 55-60 points, with 20-25 goals would be great.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I’ll guess around 60pts is doable from the LW, I think that’s where he stays as well.
It was a long weird year for everyone last year but he needs to be smarter with the puck and make the right play consistently, then let his skill take over in the toss up situations.
When he starts doing that I think is when he’ll make a big leap.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I can't see DJ trusting a line of two rookies and a Jimmy, even though Pinto looked pretty good for his handful of games.

That's a massive risk for a team that can't risk another slow start to the season without having major consequences come down from the owner.

For Stutzle, I think 55-60 points, with 20-25 goals would be great.

I think DJ learned a tough lesson, and it played out in the way last season went. We need the youth more than we need the veterans. The veterans can act as a buffer, but in order to gain experience the youth need the ice time. We saw that near the end of this last season, and so did DJ. We did better with the rookies than with the gaff full veterans.

Reactions: robsenz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->