Player Discussion Tim Schaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He had that 'blip' on this career (12 goals) which came at JUST the right time & it suckered Benning. Pro scouting is the culprit again. Worse, Benning somehow gave him a two year deal because, well.

He had a Brabarian-blip last year where he scored 6 goals in 10 games, led the NHL in empty-netters, and fought Gudbranson.

Benning : DUHH HE HAD 12 GOALS AND FIGHTS AND STUFF.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
He had that 'blip' on this career (12 goals) which came at JUST the right time & it suckered Benning. Pro scouting is the culprit again. Worse, Benning somehow gave him a two year deal because, well.

Same thing when Gagner came off a 50 point year when 28 of those came in a 34 game stretch playing at a 67 point pace in sheltered usage and then played at a 37 point pace from the new year onward.

Reactions: Hit the post

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
yes what we need is size? Jesus what a mind numbing comment.

I was at the Vegas game and this complete waste of money couldn't even finish off a couple blatantly obvious situations where he should have hammered a guy. I honestly would have told this guy to go take his jersey off.
0 goals and pumping the breaks when you should have easily hit a guy and were not talking about a situation where he would hvave been out of position at all. How did this guy have a following in Boston?

The first chance i could get someone off waivers i would send this guy to Utica and yes Leipsic needed to go too so i dont really care about that argument. At least guys like Leipsic and Gaudette would be helpful for the Comets and the kids so i rather that than the press box.

Reactions: Hit the post

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
This guy may be the worst Canuck of all time.
Granlund is pretty bad these days. Gets PP time and still cant do a thing positive

Gudbranson is perhaps the worst passer in the NHL this year

Pouliot is an all round brutal hockey player. I dont think hed be a top 4 guy for the majority of AHL teams

Seems to be a few candidates this season

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gaudette is already better than Schaller by leaps and bounds...but of course once Baertshi and Sutter return, it's probably off to Utica for him because he can go down without waivers. The thing is Green likes and trusts Gaudette, and I don't believe he's been a healthy scratch in the last month or so.

And maybe it's just me, but I haven't been all that impressed with Beagle either. And once Sutter gets back and is able to spell Horvat off in the faceoff dot, you have to seriously wonder what the Canucks need Beagle for. Just underwhelming UFA signings by Jimbo last year.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There have obviously been much worse players to have a cup of coffee here.

But when you look at the list of guys acquired to be roster regulars on one-way deals and have spent at least a half-season or so here ... he’s pretty close to the top. Or at least in the Chouinard/Prust territory.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
There have obviously been much worse players to have a cup of coffee here.

But when you look at the list of guys acquired to be roster regulars on one-way deals and have spent at least a half-season or so here ... he’s pretty close to the top. Or at least in the Chouinard/Prust territory.
When's the last time we did a worst Canuck of all time list? With, say, 40 games played?

Stojanov might top my list. I don't think Schaller hits my top ten.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
It seems pretty likely to me that he is in the bottom 100 of canucks with n games played, where n is however many games he's played.

Are you suggesting he is bottom 100 for players who have played less than or equal to N (28) games?

Or are you suggesting the very narrow definition of N (being number of games or 28) specifically?

If it is specifically N, he might be the only one who has played only 28 games specifically (???), so OK...

But if you are saying he would be in the bottom 100 for players who have played LESS than let's say 50 games. No chance!!!!!

LOL

All good, but let's be honest. He has not brought a lot to the table as of yet. He has played here as a ho hum 4th line looking player that can be found in all kinds of ways, but this does not come close to making him one of the worst 100 players to play as a Canuck. There have been so many absolutely horrible hockey players who have dressed for this franchise over the years... Really really bad hockey players. This guy isn't close to as bad as them.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Are you suggesting he is bottom 100 for players who have played less than or equal to N (28) games?

Or are you suggesting the very narrow definition of N (being number of games or 28) specifically?

If it is specifically N, he might be the only one who has played only 28 games specifically (???), so OK...

But if you are saying he would be in the bottom 100 for players who have played LESS than let's say 50 games. No chance!!!!!

LOL

All good, but let's be honest. He has not brought a lot to the table as of yet. He has played here as a ho hum 4th line looking player that can be found in all kinds of ways, but this does not come close to making him one of the worst 100 players to play as a Canuck. There have been so many absolutely horrible hockey players who have dressed for this franchise over the years... Really really bad hockey players. This guy isn't close to as bad as them.

:-|

He has played 28 games as a Canuck. I am talking about players who have played at LEAST 28 games. So greater than or equal to 28 games.

There are only 366 players who have played 28 games for this franchise. Of them, he is one of only eleven players (3 forwards) to have 0 goals. So yeah, I think it's probable that he's in the bottom-100 of the 366 players who have played 28+ games as a Canuck.

I did not expect to actually have to go look this up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad