Post-Game Talk: Tim Murray Post-Deadline Presser

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
"Starting today the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence is to win Tuesday night games in a pointless section of the regular season."

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Planning for the future is a matter of survival. An analogy would be the common potatos and eggs. You can eat all your potatos--have the best meals now, kill your chickens, eat the eggs, so you have a big splash now. Or you save some potatos to plant in the spring and you do not eat the eggs but rather let some of them hatch. It is true your family may go somewhat hungry--but they will survive and have food the following year. I do not see this as amoral or immoral planning as some posters would.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I stopped paying attention to what was going on in this thread a while ago.

Is this the right place to say that my sincere wish for this season is for Arizona to wrap up 30th with about a week to go in the season, and then Buffalo wins the lottery?

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
I stopped paying attention to what was going on in this thread a while ago.

Is this the right place to say that my sincere wish for this season is for Arizona to wrap up 30th with about a week to go in the season, and then Buffalo wins the lottery?

I don't want to have to sweat the lottery to get a top 2.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I'm not surprised he uses it, I'm surprised he uses it to describe Nevins.

Did he use it specifically for Nevins?

He said he wanted a mid round pick and a B prospect. He got a 7th instead of the midrounder, so I assume he settled for Nevins instead of a B-prospect, in his eyes, as well.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Did he use it specifically for Nevins?

He said he wanted a mid round pick and a B prospect. He got a 7th instead of the midrounder, so I assume he settled for Nevins instead of a B-prospect, in his eyes, as well.

Yeah that was my interpretation as well. He said what he wanted but in the end didn't have any leverage and just accepted what was offered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad