Tim Murray interview

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yeah I was hoping someone would give some deets on this article.

"Sabres ready for creativity in trade talks"

The Sabres have been open to deal since the season started and a strange thing has happened in recent weeks. The trade conversations have actually declined compared to a month or so ago.

“Maybe I’m asking too much,†Murray said, a thought in which a few of his colleagues would quickly nod in agreement.

While players like Chris Stewart, Tyler Myers and Drew Stafford have been in the trade market for the entire season, the play of both Sabres goalies could be opening up even more options for Murray and the Sabres.

He’s also at the point where he’s ready to reach out to the agents of both Enroth and Neuvirth to get a sense of their interest in staying with the Sabres beyond this season. Both are unrestricted free agents after this season, and while Murray likes the young goaltending in the organization, he’s not convinced yet it’s ready for regular NHL time.

The player who would net the biggest return remains Myers, who is attractive on many fronts. He’s still just 24 years old and has already crossed the 300-game threshold in which evaluators suggests it takes an NHL defenseman to get comfortable and find his game in this league.

There could be a deal to be done if a team is willing to move a left-handed shot NHL defenseman along with a high-end prospect for Myers, but he’s not a player the Sabres have to trade. There’s a debate to be had as to whether or not it’s wise at all to trade him considering the large number of picks and prospects the organization already has stockpiled.

Not a whole lot of meat in the article -- just posted a few relevant snips.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Why do we need a left handed Dman?

I agree I don't see the immediate need. Longterm though a youngish LHD to round out the trio of Risto, Pysyk, and Zads makes sense, but with Gorges currently in the fold and Zads playing well I don't see it as a pressing need as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad