Tim Horton's sponsoring 2012 NHL All Star Game

rye&ginger

Jan 4, 2004
Vancouver
Frozen baked goods and dounuts, thawed fresh in store!

Makes sense for them to sponsor the ASG given their business plan.

The Lollipop King

4th Line = all heart
Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I always feel that Tim Hortons is popular in Canada because it has a Canadian identity. As they start branching off into the U.S. it kinda loses that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I love Tim's!

Although, I'd rather keep it as a Canadian identity as mentioned above, since it is named after the hockey player Tim Horton and all.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I don't think lack of brand penetration is that much of a negative. How many people are going to watch the NHL all-star game that are not within Tim Hortons' market penetration? A few hundred thousand, if that? Most of the viewers are going to be from Canada and the northeastern USA, which is their market.

This sort of business move is not surprising at all when you consider that Tim Hortons' marketing strategy is almost exactly the same as that used by bad macro-brewed North American beer companies (Budweiser, Coors, Molson, Miller, Labatt): market the hell out of an inferior product through sports and patriotic themes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
In 1995, Tim Hortons was acquired by Wendy's International, Inc., giving new focus and impetus to the expansion of the Tim Hortons concept in the United States.

In March 2006, Tim Hortons completed an initial public offering of the company and was fully spun off as a separate company as of September 29, 2006. Tim Hortons trades on the NYSE and TSX.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Here is the parking rates for those who are looking at going to the fan fest.

Red & Blue Garage
Each 30 minutes $ 1.50
Day rate $16.00
24 Hour $ 20.00

Surface Parking
Every 30 minutes $2.00
Day rate $ 20.00
24 Hour $23.00

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Tim's has been expanding quite a bit in the States, haven't they?

Though I've noticed they put some subheading like 'Coffee & Bake Shop' in the logo. Not sure why, seems rather self-evident that they do coffee and donuts.

I don't like this - they're expanding into non-traditional markets at the expense of traditional markets. :sarcasm:

NikolaiTesla*

Though I've noticed they put some subheading like 'Coffee & Bake Shop' in the logo. Not sure why, seems rather self-evident that they do coffee and donuts.

If frozen donuts they had shipped in that were thrown into a microwave constitutes baking; sure, why not?

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007
I think most of them are in the northeast. I see them whenever I'm up in MI. I've never seen one around here in Chicago.

They target very specific markets. As another poster noted they're everywhere in the Columbus area (Dayton, and Erie, PA as well), but there isn't a single Tim Horton's in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area, nor in Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.

saskganesh

Jun 19, 2006
the Annex

They sell more lunch than donuts. So "Bakeshop" covers all their bases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->