Tim Gleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Okay. Let's clear a few things up here. Gleason did not refuse to play in Canada. Muckler basically told him he wouldn't even have a shot to make the team in training camp, and the he would spend at least one year in Bingo.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
neelynugs said:
can anyone tell me what the knock on gleason was back at the 2001 draft? i thought it was "all the tools but no toolbox", but i cannot recall. thanks.

If that was indeed the case, they couldn't be more wrong imo. I suggest to all those wondering about this kid, to watch him on our east coast swing. Hopefully he plays like he has thus far and you guys can make up your minds if the scouts were correct. I think every team would want Tim on their team.

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
Osprey said:
He seems to be anything but spoiled.

Perhaps he was put off by a few rude Canadian players in juniors or he just didn't want to live in Canada (cost of living, different culture, etc.). There are decent reasons that don't require bad attitude.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This agrument is absolutely flawed, you are going to be paid to play hockey! Just go where ever the hell you are supposed to go, shut your mouth, and play. He is in the same boat as everyone else, you get to pick where you play once you've put your time in (UFA). Besides, the league is entirely based in 2 pretty good countries - Canada and the US - it is not like he was forced to go play hockey in the old Soviet Union :teach: .

That being said, I'm sure it was more of a depth issue for him. He would not have even touched the ice till this year, most likely. It wasn't good for him being behind so many d'men in Ottawa and Ottawa needed a vet. with some experience, done deal.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I watched him play a number of times while he was a sens prospect, and at that time the "all the tools, no toolbox" quote definitely applied.

maybe he's come around.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Wondercarrot said:
I watched him play a number of times while he was a sens prospect, and at that time the "all the tools, no toolbox" quote definitely applied.

maybe he's come around.

There's no maybe about it. ;)

Last edited:

Rico__Persson*

Tim Gleason will be a very good player for years to come...leaving Ottawa fans shaking their heads and repeating the words, Bryan Smolinski, Bryan Smolinski, Bryan Smolinski... :shakehead

Will the same be said in a year or two about Jakob Klepis....Vaclav Varada, Vaclav Varada, Vaclav Varada... :shakehead ???

This year when Ottawa picks up Doug Weight for Brandon Bochenski there will be no looking back. :propeller

SpooKy

Jul 22, 2003
Redondo Beach, California
Except for the last two games or so, Gleason hasn't put much focus on offense at all. He's taking care of business in his own end and completing nice outlet passes to LA's forwards. Gleason brings a physical game every night and this is only the beginning. Wait until he get's involved in the offense a bit more.

As for the trade itself, Smoke and his three year contract wasn't that bad for an unproven, unhappy defenseman. It looks good for both teams

-- Spooks

19to15

Nov 1, 2005
Toronto
SpooKy said:
As for the trade itself, Smoke and his three year contract wasn't that bad for an unproven, unhappy defenseman. It looks good for both teams

-- Spooks

He was actually a UFA at the time. The Sens signed him to the deal in the summer. And to be honest, Smolinski is overpaid for what he brings. I can't help but think signing him to the deal was partially an effort to save face knowing they gave up a quality asset to bring him in.

Oh well the deal isn't that bad given the circumstances. Plus the play of Mezaros softens the blow. :)

ILuvLA

Jul 16, 2004
Lost in LA
As a King's fan, I can't put into words how glad I am that Gleason is on our team. He just keeps getting better & better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->