Tim Gleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Patty Ice said:
No, I knew he would be a beast (well at least on his way of becoming one).
No, from his 3rd-4th? game in the NHL when he dropped the gloves with Martin Lapointe, I knew he'd be a stud. I can't believe we got him for Smoke.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
SensGuy said:
He refused to play in Canada, so the Sens dealt him for something.

He refused to play in canda? thats the first i remember hearing about this. Can you elaborate?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
kingpest19 said:
He refused to play in canda? thats the first i remember hearing about this. Can you elaborate?
He told the Sens that he didn't want to play in Canada and he also said he would rather go somewhere else because of the Sens depth on defense.

I believe I'm getting this right. If another Sens fan would help me, that'd be great. I know that he didn't want to play in Canada.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
SensGuy said:
He told the Sens that he didn't want to play in Canada and he also said he would rather go somewhere else because of the Sens depth on defense.

I believe I'm getting this right. If another Sens fan would help me, that'd be great. I know that he didn't want to play in Canada.

I could see him wanting to go becuase of the depth issue. Maybe he had a bad time while playing in Windsor?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I think I remember hearing something about this as well, but I do indeed believe it has something to do with his time in Windsor. Along with the Sens depth issue of course.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I dont really remember much about the trade when it went down other than i was suprised that it happened. Maybe we can get a staff writer to interview to possibly find out?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Gleason made it known that he wanted to play in the US.

That and the fact that Ottawa was very deep on defense made him threaten to re-enter into the draft unless he was dealt.

He would not sign a contract with Ottawa so Muckler traded him for something.

And frankly, I don't care. I wouldn't want a spoiled little kid like that on my team.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Anyone have any idea what happened in Windsor that soured him on playing in Canada?

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
neelynugs said:
ottawa's loss is LA's gain...this kid is gonna be excellent for many years.

true enough, but a trade I wouldve made in the same situation. This would have been his first year playing for us, and we have had a couple kicks at the can with a proven player, so the trade had to be made.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
TheCoach said:
I wouldn't want a spoiled little kid like that on my team.
He seems to be anything but spoiled.

Perhaps he was put off by a few rude Canadian players in juniors or he just didn't want to live in Canada (cost of living, different culture, etc.). There are decent reasons that don't require bad attitude.

SensItComing

Jul 23, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
TheCoach said:
Gleason made it known that he wanted to play in the US.

That and the fact that Ottawa was very deep on defense made him threaten to re-enter into the draft unless he was dealt.

He would not sign a contract with Ottawa so Muckler traded him for something.

And frankly, I don't care. I wouldn't want a spoiled little kid like that on my team.
I don't remember this at all. I can understand the Can - US issue though. At a 50% tax rate in Canada vs a 30% in the US I'm surprised that anyone would play in Canada.

That being said, with Ottawa he'd still be 6 or 7 on the depth chart behind Mezzaros and maybe Pothier because he wouldn't have been given the opportunities he's been given in L.A..

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
neelynugs said:
ottawa's loss is LA's gain...this kid is gonna be excellent for many years.
Ottawa has the depth to give him up. Like it was said, this probably would have been the first year he cracked the lineup.

Good for him. He was always a solid prospect. The Sens were making a cup run and they needed some veteran help in Smolinski, who helped get them 1 game from the Finals.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
KING ELVI said:
He has been one of our best Dmen this season.

I would say that he has been the Kings best D-man this season. At the start of the season he was more just a defensive d-man, but now you see the offensive side of his game starting to mature. He's jumping into the play alot more, and he has really taken advantage of the no 2-line pass rule. He's sent a few guys on breakaways that way.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
can anyone tell me what the knock on gleason was back at the 2001 draft? i thought it was "all the tools but no toolbox", but i cannot recall. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->