WJC: Tim Erixon

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Bigger question is will the flames trade him for a forward in near future what with all going on over there?

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
He was absolutely outstanding through the group stage, but then he had a very weak game against the russians.

My mind hasn't changed since the draft though, he's a solid two-way dman who'll probably end up as a decent third or fourth dman in the nhl eventually.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Best overall defenceman through the tournament for Sweden IMO, didn't do anything spectacular but provided solid and simple defence every single game.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Good in the group stage but didn't play as well in the last two games.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Upside -- mid-pairing guy.

Don't know if that makes him a bluechip or not.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
He was absolutely outstanding through the group stage, but then he had a very weak game against the russians.

My mind hasn't changed since the draft though, he's a solid two-way dman who'll probably end up as a decent third or fourth dman in the nhl eventually.

I agree but IMO a lot of Erixon's weak game against the Russians was becuase of his partner Nemeth. He was really bad and that tipped over on Erixon.

He was solid this tournament.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. He's a low-risk bluechip prospect, but doesn't have a huge ceiling. Still, most teams would be happy with a solid 3-4 Dman.

disrespectful

Dec 13, 2010
EUSSR
Have only seen him this tournament and I'm not impressed. Sure, Nemeth was terrible, but Erixon wasn't solid either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad