Tim Erixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
I thought he was the best player on the ice in the Canada-Sweden game. Calgary fans should be happy. The kid looks like a keeper.

They should trade him for a forward prospect. They have plenty of players on D and a decent amount of prospects as well. After the WJC his value should be at an alltime high so perhaps time for Calgary to cash in if they can get the right prospect?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
They should trade him for a forward prospect. They have plenty of players on D and a decent amount of prospects as well. After the WJC his value should be at an alltime high so perhaps time for Calgary to cash in if they can get the right prospect?

They have other prospects on D, but none as good as Erixon. There's no way I can see them trading him.

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
Does anyone know where there's icetime stats? It seemed like he hardly came off the ice in that game. I don't think the Flames should necessarily trade him for a forward prospect, they need best player available so unless it's an unbelievable forward it's unnecessary. I remember Pierre McGuire freaking out that the Flames drafted Erixon when Dylan Olsen was still available. Looks like Sutter made the right decision

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Pierre McGuire keeps comparing Ryan Ellis to Lidstrom, which is a joke. If anyone reminds me of a young Lidstrom, its Tim Erixon.

Great pick by the Flames.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Pierre McGuire keeps comparing Ryan Ellis to Lidstrom, which is a joke. If anyone reminds me of a young Lidstrom, its Tim Erixon.

I'm sorry but how do erixon remind you of lidstrom?
Just cant see any resemblance...

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

that was adam larsson he was comparing to lidstrom....

anyways i noticed Larsson a lot more then Erixon

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
Yeah, I didn't notice Erixon much but he did pretty well, should be good for the future

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
that was adam larsson he was comparing to lidstrom....

anyways i noticed Larsson a lot more then Erixon

I am telling you that McGuire has compared Ellis to Lidstrom. My friends and I have laughed a few times. He may have compared Larsson to Lidstrom too, McGuire likes to hand out HOF status to Junior players.

You think Larsson has played better than Erixon? Wow.

Wham City

Oct 27, 2006
Whistler
Pierre said Ellis shooting with his head up wide off the end boards was Lidstrom like. As for Larsson I heard him on the radio remark that many people compared him to Lidstrom but he doesn't think he'll ever be that good.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Pierre said Ellis shooting with his head up wide off the end boards was Lidstrom like. As for Larsson I heard him on the radio remark that many people compared him to Lidstrom but he doesn't think he'll ever be that good.

Well not after being forced to say that

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Nope. McGuire has compared Ellis to Lidstrom many times.

Larsson? He hasn't really impressed me at all so far.

Hes probably done Ellis too, but I know for sure hes compared Larsson to Lidstrom.

And I agree, looked really afraid in the Canadian game. Example the Schenn two on one where Hamilton scored. Didn't really like his play along the boards in his own end either.

Erixon had a hell of a game though.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Hes probably done Ellis too, but I know for sure hes compared Larsson to Lidstrom.

And I agree, looked really afraid in the Canadian game. Example the Schenn two on one where Hamilton scored. Didn't really like his play along the boards in his own end either.

Erixon had a hell of a game though.

Agreed.

Larsson will be a great player but he looked timid out there yesterday.

Getting drilled into the post at the beginning of the game may have affected his play.

ComixZone

Jul 24, 2005
yeah, he'll be a solid player for the Flames going forward. Not an elite player, but definitely a solid top 3 d-man. Flames have a few prospects that have had good showing so far (Ortio, Ramage and Erixon)

Hyperkookeez*

He's a great player, but the Flames will find a way to ruin him once he comes to N.A.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

None of these kids will reach Lidstrom territory, when compared to Lidstrom it's about the style of play. Larsson plays pretty much exactly like him in the defensive zone, uses the outlet pass, and always makes the simple play in the O-zone and usually not shooting primarily to score himself. It's a clone with a bigger frame.

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland
Pierre McGuire keeps comparing Ryan Ellis to Lidstrom, which is a joke.

Ellis destroyed one of the swedes in last game. I dont member that kinds of hits from Lidstrom :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad